Mas Talaia / Between Figueres & Girona in Catalonia
Located in the heart of the beautiful Catalonian hills north of Barcelona, this lovely masia, or farmhouse, is perched on a ridge with breathtaking views of the Pyrenees and rolling farmland. Here the air is clear and guests can relax informally in the countryside of rural Spain, explore famous art cities (Barcelona, Girona, Figueres) or swim and sun on the famous sandy beaches of the chic Costa Brava, less than 30 minutes away. The house has easy access to the highway, which is just 5 minutes from the farmhouse. You can cross the border into France in less than an hour making it easily possible to dine in Perpignan.
The surrounding countryside, dotted with medieval hill towns, woods and green fields, is reminiscent of Tuscany and Provence. Cyclists train in the hills and Pyrenees Mountains, because the area has many trails, and is excellent for bicycling and walking. Guests can explore village markets, craft and pottery shops and marvelous restaurants. Catalan cuisine is absolutely delicious, with fresh produce and ultra-fresh fish; several world-class restaurants are within reach. But guests are also delighted by the small country restaurants that can be found in the nearby perched villages.
Mas Talaia is a marvelous place for a family or friends to enjoy a relaxing vacation in a fascinating and beautiful location. The area reminds us of Tuscany with its natural beauty, proximity to the sea, marvelous regional cuisine and easy access to great art cities.
Nearby you'll find many shops and restaurants. Costa Brava is less than 30 minutes away. The house has easy access to the highway, which is just 5 minutes from the farmhouse. You can cross the border into France in less than an hour making it easily possible to dine in Perpignan.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
The Masia (Farmhouse)
The property whiich dates from 1806, has a red-tiled roof, ancient well and stone walls with climbing bougainvillea. It can comfortably accommodate up to 15 people with 7,600 sq feet indoors, and a large covered terrace with fireplace and BBQ area outdoors.
Mas Talaia has been thoughtfully renovated to keep the original flavor with exposed-stone walls, vaulted ceilings, huge exposed beams, terra cotta-tiled floors, and color-washed walls. All six bedrooms have individually controlled installed air conditioners.
- Large elegant entrance with original terra cotta barrel vault ceiling and terra cotta tile floors.
- Large living room with satellite TV
- Pool table, card tables, sofas and a large library with books in English, Catalan and Spanish
- Spacious eat-in country kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, fireplace and sitting area
- Bedroom with queen sized bed and bathroom with shower over bathtub
- Study/office with computer and two twin beds
- Pantry and laundry room with washer and dryer
- Five double bedrooms (3 queen-bedded rooms and 2 twin-bedded rooms)
- Five bathrooms
- Large center room with hand hewn beams, antique furniture, table and chairs
- Garden with sunny and shaded areas
- Swimming pool (5 x 10 m or 17 x 32 ft)
- Ping-Pong table
- Bocce (petanque)
- Basketball court
- Soccer field
- Terrace/BalconyStaff Included
- Near Beach Walk to village/services
- Closest store or village: 2.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Pool (unheated)
- Golf (within 30 minutes)
- TV (satellite)CD Player/StereoVideo Player
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral HeatWindow Screens
- Great KitchenDishwasherMicrowave
- Elderly accessibleChild friendlyGround floor bed/bath
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
Jan 3 - Mar 18
Oct 1 - Dec 16
Apr 2 - May 27
Aug 27 - Sep 30
Mar 19 - Apr 1
May 28 - Aug 26
Dec 17 - Jan 3, 2016
- Linens (towels changed mid-week)
- Utilities (except heat and air conditioning)
- 2 hours maid service (weekdays only; no weekends)
- Final cleaning
- Garden and pool maintenance
- Use of computer with Internet access and printer.
- Free telephone for local calls.
- Heat and A/C are metered and paid locally based on consumption.
- A €500 deposit is required at check in for heat and/or A/C.
- Additional maid or laundry service available upon request at an extra fee of €15/hour.
- Special dinners can be prepared upon request. Please inquire.
- Security Deposit
€500 due on arrival and refunded a month after less any damage or unpaid fees.