Castell de la Reina Juana / Catalonia
This historic family castle is located in a small village between Figueres and Girona. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, the castle offers panoramic views, and as soon as you walk through the door, you are struck by a sense of peace and tranquility, and authenticity.
The owners have taken great care in renovating the windows so that each room of the castle is filled with light. A large terrace is built on several levels, with inviting chaises and a table with an umbrella for enjoying a meal al fresco after a wonderful day exploring the Spanish countryside.
The beaches and port towns of Roses, Cadaques, L'Escala, and Empuries are within daytrip distance. The great art cities of Barcelona and Figures as well as small art towns in France are in easy daytrip distance. Hiking, biking, and hang gliding are available in the foothills of the Pyrenees, within easy driving distance. Nearby are many small, unspoiled villages where you can enjoy wonderful meals and typical Catalan lifestyle. Golf is available nearby, and right in the village you will find a bar and a butcher where you can buy good meat and basic supplies.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
- Spacious semi-professional kitchen
- Thirty person dining room
- Convenient access to pool area, gardened terrace
- Spacious living room with large fireplace, filled with comfortable furniture and outstanding antiques
- Another living room with TV
- Game room
- Master bedroom with two twin beds, fireplace, dressing room, en suite bathroom
- Three additional double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms
- Four double bedrooms with twin beds. Each has its own bathroom (2 are en suite).
- Laundry room with washer & dryer, iron, ironing board
- Four double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms
- Three double bedrooms sharing a bathroom
- Living room with TV
- Terrace/BalconyStaff Included
- Near Beach In a village/townWalk to village/services
- Closest store or village: 0.0 km
- Pool (unheated)
- Golf (within 30 minutes)
- TV (satellite)
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral HeatWindow Screens
- Great KitchenDishwasher
- Wheelchair accessibleElderly accessibleGround floor bed/bathBuilding elevator
Rates and Availability
Calendar available on request. Please inquire.
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
|up to 12p||13-20p||21-30p|
- Utilities (including heat & A/C) in most bedrooms
- 3 hrs/day maid service except weekends & holidays
- WiFi Internet access in living room only
- Final cleaning is €200.
- Additional services available upon request at an extra fee: maid serivce, cook service; babysitting; extra linens.
- Security Deposit
$2,250 payable by check to Doorways and returned a month after your stay less any damage or unpaid fees.
- There is an agreement that the owner of this property has requested you to sign upon reserving (much like our Financial Agreement). We have a copy of this document; please ask for it. Fireplaces cannot be used.