Villa Gelsomino / Near Todi in Umbria
Villa Gelsomino’s hillside location offers a spectacular view of the skyline of Todi and its medieval buildings, as well as proximity to Todi, Orvieto, Assisi, Spoleto, Gubbio and Perugia. A small village with grocer, butcher and bar is just two kilometers away, and you can buy fresh olive oil, eggs and chicken from a nearby farm. A selection of restaurants can be found in Todi (8 km) and Orvieto (about ½ hour away). Rome airport is 90 km away.
Villa Gelsomino is set on 3.5 acres and includes gardens with fruit trees (guests are welcome to help themselves in season), olive trees, rose bushes, specimen plantings and the climbing jasmine for which the villa is named.
This typical stone farmhouse has been beautifully restored and transformed into a comfortable, welcoming home equipped with all of the comforts. The outdoor space is exceptionally lovely, with three furnished patios to take advantage of the views, and a pergola with a five-meter table that seats 20-30 for dining al fresco.
Next to the large panoramic pool (14x7m) is a gazebo furnished with armchairs, sofas and tables with a splendid 360° view, changing room with indoor and outdoor shower and an outdoor kitchen with BBQ.
Interiors have been furnished with taste and elegance, creating an inviting atmosphere typical of a country manor house, with large fireplaces in the living and dining rooms and bathrooms adorned with ancient tiles.
Associated CollectionsGood Value Villas
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
All of the ground floor rooms have access to the garden and veranda
- Large double living room, elegantly furnished, with a large fireplace.
- Dining room with fireplace (seats 10)
- Country-style eat-in kitchen with extra-large oven, dishwasher, microwave
- Laundry room with washer & dryer
- Twin bedroom (joinable beds), en-suite bathroom with shower, private access to the patio (ideal for guests with walking difficulties)
- Study with queen-size sofabed – en-suite bathroom with shower, computer with Wi-Fi
- Double bedroom with king-size bed – en-suite bathroom with shower
- Double bedroom with queen bed – en-suite bathroom with tub
- Twin bedroom – en-suite bathroom with shower
Third floor tower
- Bedroom with king bed – en-suite bathroom with shower
- The bedrooms are of equal quality, so this villa is perfect for five couples.
- If guests use the study as a bedroom, six couples can be accommodated.
- All of the bathrooms are beautifully outfitted with antique tiles and modern fixtures.
The caretakers live in a separated cottage on the property and tend to the daily cleaning of the house (and on request also cooking service) as well as tending to the garden and the swimming pool.
- Staff IncludedWine Cellar
- Walk to village/services
- Closest store or village: 2.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Pool (unheated)
- TV (satellite)
- Climate Control
- Air Conditioning
- Ground floor bed/bath
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
Jan 2 - Mar 25
Oct 29 - Dec 16
Mar 26 - May 27
Oct 1 - Oct 28
Dec 17 - Jan 6, 2017
May 28 - Jul 1
Sep 3 - Sep 30
Jul 2 - Sep 2
- Electricity (up to 30 kW per week)
- Gas (up to 40 cubic meters/wk)
- Maid service (2 hrs/day 6 days/wk)
- Gardener/custodian services (He lives in a separate cottage on the grounds.)
- Final cleaning fee is €100.
- Telephone is metered and based on usage.
- Electric and gas usage exceeding the limits listed above will be charged according to consumption. Please expect extra charges if you use the air conditioning.
- Additional maid or cook services are available on request with advance notification.
- Local head tax due in cash in Euros upon arrival.
- Security Deposit
€1,500 due on arrival and refunded when you depart less any damage, utilities, or telephone fees.
|Rome Airport||90 km|