Sogno / Near Lucca in Tuscany
Sogno is a perfect dream of a seventeenth century Italian villa, located in a tiny village just outside the wonderful small Tuscan city of Lucca.
The area is beloved for its varied natural settings and for the simple elegance of Lucca itself. This historic town is surrounded by a wall which now serves as a delightful promenade offering views of the city within and the mountains all around.
Lucca is an eminently walkable city which is untroubled by traffic, since the town center is closed to private automobiles apart from those of local residents. Bicycling is a another wonderful way to explore the town. Among local attractions are Lucca’s opera house, marvelous shops and restaurants and a museum honoring native son, Giacomo Puccini.
Day trips are easily undertaken to the seaside (including the magical Cinqueterre), to the nearby mountain range known as the Garfagnana, to shopping outlets, or to Florence, Pisa, Siena or all the Tuscan hill towns.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
Villa Sogno sits the end of a lane of stately cypresses, surrounded by extensive gardens and enclosed within a stone wall. According to seventeenth century custom, the ground floor is simple and rustic, while the stately piano nobile, or noble floor, is located just above. Villa Sogno’s owner has marvelous sense of taste and a strong connection to local history, which are evident in every detail of the villa’s decor
- Tuscan country kitchen
- Spacious dining room
- Laundry facilities
- Powder room
Second floor (noble floor)
- Large formal living room
- Two bedroom suites each with king bed and marble bathroom with bathtub and separate shower.
- Suite with king bed and bathroom marble bathroom with shower
- Modern office / study with computer and Internet
- Large living room furnished with a wide-screen satellite TV
- Two bedroom suites each with king bed and marble bathroom each with bathtub and separate shower
- Bedroom with two twin beds and a marble bathroom with bath tub and separate shower
- Terrace/BalconyStaff IncludedWine Cellar
- Near Beach Walk to village/services
- Closest store or village: 1.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Pool (unheated)
- Golf (within 30 minutes)
- TV (satellite)CD Player/Stereo
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral Heat
- Great KitchenDishwasher
Rates and Availability
Calendar available on request. Please inquire.
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
- Utilities (including heat and A/C)
- Staff (manager, two maids, gardener) 6 days/wk
- Use of computer and internet connection
- Telephone/fax are metered and based on usage.
- Laundry services available upon request.
- Chef services available for extra fee plus cost of food & beverages
- Any local head tax due in cash in Euros upon arrival.
- Security Deposit
$2,400 payable by check to Doorways and returned a month after your stay minus any damage or unpaid fees.