Torre Fantini / Tredozio
Torre Fantini is set on a hilltop amid the rolling green landscape on the edge of the Foresti Casentinesi National Park, on the border between Emilia-Romagna and Tuscany. In fact, this property was once a part of Tuscany. The charming village of Tredozio is within easy walking distance, and the location is ideal for exploring central Italy’s top regions of Emilia Romagna, Tuscany and Umbria.
Torre Fantini is an old farm tower belonging to the family of the same name, who live nearby in Palazzo Fantini, just less than a mile away. A magical garden surrounds the 17th-century Palazzo. It belongs to the association of Grandi Giardini Italiani (Great Italian Gardens) and is open to the public for tours, and for courtyard concerts during the summer and for weddings.
Ten-minute walk brings you from Torre Fantini to the village center. Tredozio is deliciously quiet, yet has a number of inviting restaurants, most notably the Mulino di San Michele, housed in an old water mill. A charming little river runs through the village. Shops include a couple of grocery stores, an excellent produce shop, coffee bars, a butcher, chemist, bank with ATM and a post office. There is also a small information point from which you can rent mountain bikes during the summer. There is a bus service to Faenza and Forlì. And there is a tennis club nearby, just five minutes’ walk from Torre Fantini.
Tuscan Romagna blends elements from the rich cultures of both Tuscany and Emilia-Romagna. Food and wine lovers could not find them themselves a better spot, lovers of history and culture have a wealth of small and larger nearby towns to explore and lovers of nature will feel they are driving through a rural paradise. Add traditional crafts, from cheese and wine making to fine ceramics and a long tradition of skilled leather work, plus the chance to catch cultural events and traditional festivals, and to take language or cooking courses and you have something for everyone – except those in search of bright city lights.
Paved road leads from the main road (strada statale) to the house. The property is partially fenced and surrounded by fields. There are a few houses not far from the Torre Fantini, but you will not be disturbed by their presence.
Torre Fantini offers a stay in a delightful farmhouse, remodeled in the traditional manner, with terrace views over a lovely stretch of countryside. Each of the three double bedrooms is attractively furnished in a refined rustic style with beamed ceilings and cotto toscano floors, satellite TV and small refrigerator. Each bedroom has its own bathroom with shower. At this altitude, the nights are always cool so air conditioning is not necessary; but, just in case, fans can be provided on request.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
- Living room with view over the valley
- Kitchen with dining area, oven, microwave, toaster, refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, filter coffee maker, electric table top stove with 4 burners, Italian Moka brand coffee maker, and washing machine
- Bathroom with shower
- Back garden furnished with table and chairs
All rooms on this floor have French windows and access to the garden.
Accessed by an external staircase of 15 steps
- Entrance hall: on the right a studio/reading room with a decorative fireplace, window screens, and a sofa bed for one extra adult or two children. En-suite private bathroom with shower.
- Double bedroom, La Vecchia Torr, with en-suite bathroom with shower and view over the valley. Bed size 160x190 cm (queen). All the windows of this room and the bathroom have window screens.
Accessed by an interior staircase of 12 steps.
- Double bedroom, Le Ginestre, with divisible queen bed. Bed size 160x190 cm. En-suite bathroom with shower and view over the garden and hills. One window in this room has a screen.
- Double bedroom, Il Nido dei Rondoni, with divisible queen bed. Bed size 160x190 cm. En-suite bathroom with shower and view over the valley. All of the windows of this room and bathroom have window screens.
- Parking for four cars covered by a pergola of vines
- Panoramic swimming pool (16 ft x 32 ft) and pool area furnished with lounge chairs and umbrellas
- Outdoor shower (hot/cold water) next to the pool
- Shaded pergola with table and chairs overlooking the valley
- Small one room building housing an additional dining area
- Terrace garden furnished with small tables and chairs overlooking the valley
Torre Fantini is a non-smoking property.
- Walk to village/services
- Closest store or village: 0.5 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Pool (unheated)
- Horseback Riding (nearby)
- TV (satellite)
- Climate Control
- Central HeatWindow Screens
- Elderly accessibleChild friendly
- Crib and high chair available.
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
Jan 7 - Apr 14
Sep 30 - Dec 22
Apr 15 - Jun 23
Aug 26 - Sep 29
Dec 23 - Jan 5, 2018
Jun 25 - Aug 26
- Electricity up to €50/wk
- Maid service 2 hrs (Tues & Thur)
- Garden & pool maintenance (5 days/wk)
- WiFi Internet
- Visit garden of Palazzo Fantini
- Pool towels
- Prepared and delivered welcome dinner
- Basic groceries
- Heat is metered and paid locally, based on consumption.
- Utility deposit of €100/wk is due upon arrival for heat.
- Electricity is metered with a bonus of €50/wk, guests must pay for usage above €50/wk.
- Additional maid service is available upon request at €10/hr.
- Extra bed €150/wk.
- Crib is €100/wk.
- Telephone available for use with a prepaid card.
- Local head tax is due in cash in Euros upon arrival.
- Additional services available upon request at an additional fee: cooking classes, cook service, daily cleaning, breakfast service, wine tours, and Italian language classes.
- Security Deposit
$800 payable by check to Doorways and refunded a month after your stay, €250 due on arrival and returned at the end of your stay less any damages or unpaid fees.
- For more than 3 children, please inquire
- Pool opening dates: May 16 - Sep 18
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7:00pm and 9:00pm for an extra fee of €50.
|Public tennis court||300 m|
|Vineyards for wine tasting||10 - 25 km|
|Horseback riding||25 km|
|Golf course||28 km|
|Beach near Ravenna||80 km|
|Portico di Romagna||16 km|
|San Benedetto in Alpe National Park||25 km|