Petite Colline de Roussillon / Near Luberon in Provence
La Petite Colline de Roussillon is an exceptionally lovely two-bedroom house located in one of the most dramatically scenic regions of Provence, less than two miles from the famous ochre Village of Rousillon. This is a great location for exploring the region’s beautiful villages — Gordes, Menerbes, Bonnieux, Cavaillon and St-Remy de Provence are all within easy reach. Farmers’ markets and wonderful restaurants are scattered all about the area.
The Luberon is known for its nature preserves, with many marked walking trails. The famous antique market of L’Isle Sur La Sorge is just 20 minutes’ drive from the house, and the delightful museums at Fontaine de Vaucluse are also easily reached. Avignon is 30 minutes away by car.
La Petite Colline de Roussillon is surrounded by 2.5 acres of private land. It is ideal for guests who desire privacy, with hardly another building in sight. Stroll in a lavender field or rose garden, or enjoy the pool and petanque court. A covered veranda provides the perfect spot for dining outdoors while enjoying the beautiful views of the vineyards and orchards of the Luberon valley.
Built all on one floor, the house is sumptuously decorated, but with a comfortable, rustic appeal. Filled with light and decorated with vibrant colors and fine antiques, the house has a typical Provençal charm and character. Floors throughout the house are made of square blocks of white stone with occasional area rugs. Ceilings have thick wooden beams and walls are painted creamy white.
The living room, dining room and kitchen are separated into distinct rooms by partial walls, and linked by tall, rounded archways that create the impression of a continuous flow of light and space. In addition to its many broad windows and french doors that invite cool breezes in summer and abundant light year round, La Petite Colline de Roussillon’s central air conditioning system ensures comfort throughout the year.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
- Large inviting living room with comfortable sofa and armchairs and a grand stone fireplace – satellite TV and stereo with CD player are concealed in an elegant armoire.
- Dining room with walnut farm table and seating for 8
- Modern eat-in kitchen including
- Liebherr refrigerator with drawer freezer and ice maker
- New range
- Miele dishwasher
- New china cabinet with 10-piece set of dishes
- Caesar stone counters
- Double soapstone sink
- Traditional cooking fireplace
- Coffeemaker and toaster
- Guest toilet
- Two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Master bedroom with queen bed faces southwest and opens to terrace/pool area – en-suite bathroom renovated in 2013 with claw foot tub and rain shower
- Second bedroom is smaller but equally charming, with two twin beds – en-suite bathroom with stall shower.
- Small office/sitting room with desk, fax machine and day bed
- Laundry room with American-style washing machine and separate dryer
- Flagstone terrace with wrought-iron table for six, built in stone BBQ, straw-covered trellis for shade
- Hammock in a quiet place off the terrace near the lavender garden
- Swimming pool (13’ x 30’, that can be heated at additional cost), with wide flagstone pool deck, partially shaded and outfitted with quality lounge chairs
- Walk to village/services
- Heated Pool
- TV (satellite)CD Player/StereoVideo Player
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral Heat
- Great KitchenDishwasherMicrowave
- Elderly accessibleGround floor bed/bath
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
Jan 7 - May 26
May 27 - Sep 1
Sep 2 - Jan 5, 2018
- Pool and garden maintenance
- Final cleaning
- Conservative telephone use is charged a flat fee of $50.
- The pool can be heated for an additional fee, and must be requested in advance of your stay.
- Security Deposit
$1,500 payable by check to Doorways and returned a month after your stay less any damage or unpaid fees.
- This is a non-smoking property
- No smoking is permitted in the house or on the property grounds.
|Train Station||51 km|