Maison de Martine / Near Gordes in Provence
Discover the hilltop villages of Provence and return home to a beautiful and private oasis. The beaches of the Mediterranean are an hour away, and the colorful open-air markets of Goult, Gordes, Roussillon, Coustellet and Apt are within 5-15 minutes. Visit local farms for fresh produce or shop in Goult where you will find a butcher, baker, grocery shops and a café. Large supermarkets can be found in Cavaillon and Apt. Facilities for golf, tennis and horseback riding are available nearby.
Nestled in the foothills of the Luberon, this luxurious villa overlooks the vineyards of Mont Ventoux and the villages of Roussillon and Joucas. Recently built by a local architect, the house uses traditional local white stone in a modern design. Wide open spaces on the main floor lead to several covered terraces and a beautiful infinity pool. Maison de Martine is ideal for large or small groups of family or friends.
The main house has a luminous living room and a dining room that can accommodate twelve, as well as a TV room with satellite TV. But the heart of La Maison Martine is the kitchen, decorated in typical Provencal style. Top-of-the-line appliances, a large pantry, cookware ranging from family heirlooms to modern pots and pans, and American measuring tools and cookbooks make the kitchen fit for the gourmet cook. The villa gives the impression of soaring space with lovely indoor / outdoor living. The windows are designed to take full advantage of the beautiful views.
Upstairs in the main house are three large air-conditioned bedrooms. Each has an en-suite bathroom and a king-size bed. The bedrooms also open onto terraces that enjoy gorgeous views of the countryside.
Next to the main house are two smaller bedrooms that are perfect for teenagers or a nanny and young children. One has a queen-size bed and the other has twin beds, both are air-conditioned, and have en-suite bathrooms.
The beautiful pool is heated so you can enjoy a swim under the stars, watching the twinkling lights in the valley below. Enjoy breakfast on the back patio, a drink in the outdoor living room, or dinner en plein air on the large teak table by the BBQ, with a view of the pool and country beyond.
For smaller groups (up to 6 guests), the main house can be rented without the guest annex at reduced cost. The annex will not be rented on its own, so the property will still be private.
Associated CollectionsKid-Friendly Villas
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
The Main House (sleeps 6)
- Living room
- Dining room for 12
- TV room with satellite TV
- Provençal-style kitchen with top-of-the-line appliances
- Three large bedrooms with king-size beds and en-suite bathrooms that open onto terraces with views of the countryside
The Guest Annex (sleeps 4 +2)
- Bedroom with queen-size bed, air conditioning and en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom with twin beds, air conditioning and en-suite bathroom.
- Furniture for babies and futons for additional guests are available on request
- Heated infinity pool
- Comfortable, furnished patios and covered terraces
Maison de Martine is a non-smoking property.
- In a village/townWalk to village/services
- Heated Pool
- TennisGolf (within 30 minutes)Horseback Riding (nearby)
- TV (satellite)CD Player/StereoVideo Player
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral Heat
- Child friendly
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
|Jan 2 - Apr 1||$6,398|
|Apr 2 - Jun 10||$7,868|
|Jun 11 - Sep 2||$8,732|
|Sep 3 - Sep 30||$7,868|
|Oct 1 - Jan 6, 2017||$6,398|
- Pool heat included during high season
- Pool heat €20/day during low and mid season
- Final cleaning €250
- Maid service available €20/hr
- Telephone is metered
- Security Deposit
$2500 payable to Doorways and returned a month after your stay less any damage or unpaid fees.
- This is a non-smoking property
|Cavaillon and Apt||15 min|