Travel Agent Guide
Before starting the company over 15 years ago, Kit Burns was herself a travel agent. Having been on your side of the desk, she has structured our policies to benefit you and protect your business relationships. Doorways welcomes your travel agency and offers you:
- Commission of 10% on most of our villas costing over $2,000 per week. A few of our villas are low commission or non-commissionable, please contact us for additional information.
- Commission of 5% on most of our villas costing $1,999 or less per week.
- Protected commissions now and in the future. If your clients should contact us directly in years to come, we refer them back to you for travel arrangements and send you a commission check for their villa booking.
- Our website and on-line catalog, where both you and your clients can view complete information about our properties including photos, prices, any extra costs, day trip guides and, in many cases, availability. Once you have booked a property with us, you and your clients gain access to a special area of our site that offers travel tips, restaurant guides, packing lists, guides for kids, and other useful links.
- Access to a list of Qualifying Questions for Villa Rentals that we find helpful in identifying the type of property that your client will love. Use our villa finder pages to browse villas by categories including air-conditioned villas, luxury properties and villas for weddings or romantic honeymoon cottages.
- Our blog full of information and photos to help you sell.
- Keep on top of the latest deals by visiting our Current Specials Collection.
- Our toll-free number, +1 (800) 261-4460. Doorways is open Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm EST.
- Help from our friendly, experienced travel specialists. If you should have any questions or if you want us to speak directly with your clients, we are always happy to help.
- Marketing materials, pricing and services from soup to nuts for groups. Group leaders can often travel free.
The Booking Process
Placing an option - Make a courtesy hold.
- Provide us with the name of your client, the property in question and the dates involved. Normally, the property will be held for three (3) days after which it will be released. However, for our travel agent partners, we usually extend this time allow sufficient time to receive your agency check in the mail.
3 days after placing the option – Confirm the reservation.
- 50% non-refundable deposit is due by agency check. Please fax us a copy of your agency check before mailing to speed up the process.
Financial Agreements for Clients of Travel Agents
- 2016 Financial Agreement for Clients of Travel Agents
- 2017 Financial Agreement for Clients of Travel Agents
14 days after deposit – Purchase trip protection for your client.
- Sell your clients trip protection to cover the non-refundable villa rental costs. We strongly encourage all of our guests be protected.
90 days prior to departure – Set up arrival and stay at villa.
- Send us the clients' flight itinerary and cell phone number (if they will have one in Europe). If they plan to arrive early and travel on their own, let us know that as well. We pass along this information to owners and their key holders so the clients' arrival is seamless. Normal villa arrival time is Saturday between 4-5 pm unless other arrangements are made with the owner.
- Finalize arrangements for rental cars, trains, airport transfers, etc.
- Order chef services, cooking lessons, tours, etc.
60 days prior to departure – Send final payment.
- Final payment is due by agency check along with any security deposit that is to be paid in the U.S.
30 days prior to departure – You’ve got mail!
Doorways will send you the following:
- Villa voucher for the client to present at check-in
- Map and directions for finding the villa or apartment
- Contact information for the person who will meet your clients when they check in
- Telephone number at the villa for friends and family
4 weeks after return – Security deposit refund
- If Doorways collected a security deposit from your client, it will be refunded less any damages or unpaid fees within a month of their return.