Villa Molinazzo / Near Orvieto in Umbria
Villa Molinazzo is located just twelve miles from the picture perfect town of Orvieto and is conveniently situated within daytrip distance of Montelpulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, and all of the enchanting hill towns of southern Tuscany, as well as all of Umbria. Popular destinations include Todi, Spoleto, Assisi and Perugia, but it is also possible to wander away from the beaten tourist track to explore treasures like Civita di Bagnoregio, in Lazio, or the spectacular gardens of Villa Lante, near Viterbo. On days when you don’t want to drive, you can take a train to Rome in about an hour and a half. The closest towns are Montecchio and Guardea.
Villa Molinazzo is a luxuriously restored stone farmhouse. The excellent taste of its owners is reflected throughout the house in a wonderful balance of antique furniture combined with modern conveniences, including wireless ADSL internet access and air conditioning.
Surrounded by rolling hills and olive groves, the property consists of two adjacent stone houses: the main house sleeps up to ten guests and a smaller guest house sleeps four. Various outdoor spaces include an elegantly furnished “loggia” with comfortable couches and open views over the countryside, a second outdoor living room and a pergola just off of the kitchen furnished with table and chairs for fourteen people. A few steps from the house is a panoramic swimming pool, another furnished patio and tennis court. The house is surrounded by a manicured garden of roses, lavender and other flowers.
Associated CollectionsKid-Friendly Villas
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
- Entrance through first living room with a seating area for five, desk with computer, TV with satellite, CD player, radio, DVD
- Large living room with working fireplace and comfortable sofas to seat ten; double doors open to the covered loggia
- Large dining room with working fireplace – table seats 16
- Large kitchen with separate dining area and working fireplace – table seats 8
- 5-burner gas stove, oven, separate refrigerator/freezer, double sinks, dishwasher, microwave, American coffee maker, kettle
- double doors open to dining patio and second outdoor living room
- Guest bathroom
- Air-conditioned double bedroom (king-size bed) with separate sitting room – en-suite bathroom with tub and separate shower
Second floor (sleeps 8)
- Master bedroom (king bed) with working fireplace – en-suite bathroom with shower and double sinks
- Three double bedrooms (joinable twin beds) – en-suite bathrooms with shower
- Double bedroom (joinable twin beds) – en-suite bathroom with shower; opens to garden
- Double bedroom (queen bed) – en-suite bathroom with shower; opens to garden
- Small living room with TV (no satellite)
- Laundry room with two washing machines and a dryer can also be accessed from the terrace
- Summer living room with comfortable sofas and armchairs and a panoramic view
- Dining terrace with table and chairs for 14
- Panoramic swimming pool,
- Covered pergola and lounge chairs for 14
- Tennis court (synthetic and not floodlit)
- Covered parking for up to 6 cars
- Terrace/BalconyStaff IncludedWine Cellar
- Pool (unheated)
- TV (satellite)CD Player/StereoVideo Player
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral HeatWindow Screens
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
Up to 10p
|Guest House |
Jan 7 - Apr 14
Sep 30 - Dec 22
Apr 15 - Jun 23
Aug 26 - Sep 29
Dec 23 - Jan 5, 2018
Jun 24 - Aug 25
- Linens (bath linens changed on Wed & Sat)
- Utilities (except heat & A/C)
- Final cleaning
- WiFi Internet
- Pool towels
- Prepared delivered welcome dinner
- Basic groceries
- Heat & A/C are metered and based upon consumption.
- Utility deposit of €250 for heat & A/C is due in cash upon arrival.
- Maid service €16/hr
- Additional services are available upon request at an additional fee: cooking, childcare, grocery provisioning.
- Any local Tourist tax due in cash in Euros upon arrival.
- Security Deposit
$1,000 payable to Doorways in advance, €300 due on arrival and refunded at the end of your stay less any damage or unpaid fees. Total deposit due on arrival = €550 cash + local head tax.
- Pool opening dates: May 16 - Sep 19
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm for an extra fee of €50
|Bagnoregio, Civita||18.6 mi|
|Todi, Viterbo||22 mi|
|Perugiam, Spoleto||46.6 mi|