La Collina / Colle di Val D'Elsa, Tuscany
La Collina is ideally situated in the heart of Tuscany, just 20 minutes from Siena and 40 minutes from Florence. This luxury villa sits on top of a hill, surrounded by beautiful gardens, with a breathtaking view of Siena.
The main building, owned for centuries by one family, dates back to the 15th century, with additional construction during the 18th century. The entire estate was renovated during the 1990s and has been restored by the owner to the highest level of luxury, comfort, and beauty.
While the villa can accommodate large groups, it also offers smaller, private spaces for quiet relaxation. Its gardens and patios are designed to provide maximum privacy and to take advantage of the lovely views of rolling hills, olive groves, and vineyards that surround the property.
Stately row of cypress trees leads to a large iron gate, the entrance to the estate. The villa is built on four floors.
The lower level of the house has been fully restored, but an ancient olive press, once powered by oxen, has been left intact. There is a billiard room with an antique pool table, and a cantina, decorated with interesting artifacts from the estate’s agricultural past.
- Swimming pool 14 x 7 meters
- Tennis court
- Pool with Jacuzzi for 8 persons
- Video games: Playstation 2 and Xbox
- Billiard room
- Wine Cellar with the most important Tuscan wines
- Kitchen fully equipped
- Available on request: chef and laundry service.
Small planes (mono-motor) and helicopters can land nearby.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
- Spacious living room with several sitting areas, all beautifully furnished with antiques and tapestry rugs
- Three separate but adjoining dining rooms that can accommodate large groups but are designed so smaller groups will still feel comfortable; each opens onto the south patio of the villa
- Main kitchen, designed for professional cooks, available for cooking lessons on request
- Spacious suite with large sitting room, queen bedroom, en-suite bath
This is the main entrance to the villa, reached by a short staircase from the courtyard.
- Sitting room with wall-mounted plasma-screen TV
- Single bedroom, with en-suite bathroom
- Spacious suite with double bedroom, sitting room and en-suite bathroom
- Four double bedrooms, each with en-suite bathroom
- Guest bathroom for guests using the TV room or the large terrace
- Spacious sitting room opens onto large balcony
- Two double rooms with twin beds (cannot be joined), with en-suite bathrooms
- Three queen bedrooms, with en-suite bathrooms
- King bedroom, with en-suite bathroom
Private entrance from the courtyard leads to a 2-level guesthouse.
- The sitting area, with TV and comfortable seating, opens onto the courtyard.
- Elegant double bedroom with en-suite bath.
- Two queen bedrooms each with en-suite bath.
Optional Guest House
There is an optional guest unit for 4 additional people.
- Terrace/BalconyStaff IncludedWine Cellar
- Chef and laundry service available on request.
- Closest store or village: 5.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Pool (unheated)Hot Tub/JacuzziSauna
- Pool measures 14 x 7 meters. Jacuzzi seats 8 people.
- TennisGolf (within 30 minutes)
- Property has 2 telephones. Calls will be billed to guests.
- TV (satellite)CD Player/StereoVideo Player
- Flat screen TV with video recorder
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral Heat
- The entire villa and guest house are air conditioned.
- Great Kitchen
- Kitchen is fully equipped.
- Ground floor bed/bath
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
|Optional Guest House |
|Apr 1 - Apr 28||€34,376||€40,626||€7,500|
|Apr 29 - May 26||€41,876||€48,126||€7,500|
|May 27 - Sep 1||€46,876||€53,750||€7.500|
|Sep 2 - Sep 29||€41,876||€48,126||€7,500|
|Sep 30 - Dec 2||€34,376||€40,626||€7,500|
- Linens (changed twice/week)
- Internet connection
- Pool towels (up to 40 towels)
- Final cleaning
- A manager and 4 waiters are included for rentals up to 25 people, 6 days/wk (from 8:30 am – 1pm & 4 pm – 8pm).
- Welcome dinner
- Daily continental breakfast
- Concierge service
€5000 (cash) mandatory deposit per rental week is due upon arrival to cover food, wine, utilities etc.
- Heat is metered.
- Telephone, fax, personal laundry services and cleaning services are available for an additional fee.
- For rentals above 25 people, an additional staff person must be hired for 8 hours/day at €15/hr.
- Grocery shopping service is €50 per trip.
- Lunch service is available upon request and is to be arranged on site (wait staff not included).
- Guests have two options for dinner:Option 1 (minimum of 25 people): €40 per person per meal (5 courses including food, grocery shopping, cook service and wait staff, beverages are not included and to be paid separately) Drinks are not included and are to be paid separately. Preferable, dinner should be served at 8:00-8:30 pm, Option 2: €450 for cooking service plus the cost of food plus €50 for grocery shopping (includes wait service, staff will work up to 10:30 pm, after 10:30 pm the cost is €15/hr per staff).
- A chef and laundry service are available on request.
- Local head tax due in cash in Euros upon arrival.
- Security Deposit
$8,500 payable by check to Doorways and returned a month after your stay minus any damages or unpaid fees.
- La Collina is available April through November.
- La Collina has central-heat for cooler months and is fully air-conditioned, including the guesthouse.
- All extra services are taxed an additional 21% Italian lodging tax, which is not included in the price.