Canto del Mare / Maremma
Set in a beautiful Tuscan seaside pine forest, Canto del Mare is ideal for a great family stay.
A five-minute walk through the villa's private grounds takes guests to a locked gate at the edge of a sandy beach. The walk itself is lovely, with pines, dunes, shrubs, and succulents typical of this seacoast. The villa's orchard, pergola, terraces and lawns provide a variety of spaces for outdoor living. A huge teak-floored terrace at the rear of the villa is equipped with comfortable chairs, sofas and loungers — it even has a pine tree growing through it to provide shade in addition to a covered terrace for dining al fresco.
Inside, Canto del Mare was renovated in 2008 to a very high standard and is a model of modern technology with computer controlled air-conditioning, heating and lighting, along with many other modern conveniences and yet it keeps the atmosphere of a gracious seaside villa belonging to an ancient Florentine family. There is plenty of space inside enjoy games and conversation in the evening.
Although the setting is very private (4 acres of grounds), there is a 2-bedroom apartment that is available for rent separately. Large families desiring exclusive use of the property can rent this apartment on request if they book early. Also on the grounds is the housekeeper's cottage. She has worked for the family for many years and provides daily maid service. She also happens to be a marvelous cook who is available on request to stay on and cook dinner.
The villa is within easy walking distance of restaurants, shops, playgrounds and sports facilities. This is a great area for bicycling.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
- Entrance hall
- Spacious double living room large fireplace and dining area; three arched windows open to a deck.
- Oversize furnished teak deck overlooking the backyard and dunes.
- Covered dining outdoor dining area
- Kitchen with all modern conveniences
- Powder room
- Laundry room
Second floor (sleeps 12)
- Six double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms; five with king beds and one with queen. Two have en suite bathrooms with tub and the remainder have en suite bathrooms with shower. Three open onto a common terracotta tiled terrace facing over the rear garden.
- Additional bathroom with shower for mezzanine
Third floor (sleeps 4)
The owner only rents to 12 maximum people, these rooms are available if a single person occupies one of the bedrooms downstairs or they are available for children.
- A short stairway leads to a room suitable for one person, usually a nanny or teen with a mezzanine bed, accessed by ladder. Designated bathroom is on the second floor.
- A concealed stairway leads to a wonderful kids games room, with TV, sofabed, chairs, mezzanine beds, kitchenette and bathroom with shower.
Extra apartment (sleeps 4)
Located under the main house. Families requiring exclusive use of property should rent this apartment in addition to the main house, please inquire about rates.
- Living/dining room/kitchen
- Two bedrooms with two bathrooms
- Set on 4 acres
- New Pool (built in 2014)
- Daily maid service
- Chef available on request.
- Lake/Sea ViewStaff IncludedTerrace/BalconyWine Cellar
- Near Beach
- Closest store or village: 9.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Golf (within 30 minutes)
- TV (satellite)CD Player/Stereo
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral Heat
- DishwasherGreat Kitchen
- Child friendlyGround floor bed/bath
Rates and Availability
Calendar available on request. Please inquire.
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
|Jan 3 - Apr 24||$10,920|
|Apr 25 - Jun 26||$12,740|
|Jun 27 - Aug 28||$20,020|
|Aug 29 - Oct 9||$12,740|
|Oct 10 - Dec 25||$10,920|
|Dec 26 - Jan 1, 2016||$12,740|
- Utilities (up to 300kwh)
- Maid service (6 hrs/day,Mon-Sat)
- Pool towels
- WiFi Internet
- Final cleaning
- Continental breakfast and light lunch prepartion, food is not included.
- Utilities are metered, guest must pay for any usage above 300 kwh.
- Telephone is metered.
- Extra linens are available upon request and paid locally.
- High chair or baby cot is available upon request at an extra fee.
- Additional services available upon request at an extra fee: additional maid serivce, cook service, babysitter, dinner, grocery shopping and help with suitcases.
- Local head tax is due in cash in Euros upon arrival.
- Security Deposit
$5,000 payable by check to Doorways and returned a month after your stay less any damage or unpaid fees.
|Marina di Bibbona||500 m|
|Castagneto Carducci||9 km|
|Pisa Airport||69 km|
|Florence Airport||130 km|