Villa Buonvisi / Near Lucca in Tuscany
Villa Buonvisi is a 16th-century manor with its own formal garden, set on a rise on three hundred acres of vineyards, olive trees and woods. Comfortably elegant and well equipped, the villa features a large swimming pool, tennis court and wonderful large spaces to gather both indoors and out. Although the setting feels rural, the location is central for day trips. Across the street is a favorite coffee bar/gelateria and from there are two bus lines to Lucca and Pisa.
Lucca is famous for its thick medieval walls, which were filled with earth and now provide a peaceful promenade where people stroll and bicycle. Lucca's streets are lined with elegant shops and charming restaurants, and an antiques market is held on the last weekend of each month. Some of Italy's finest villas and gardens, many of which are open to the public, are in the surrounding hills. Explore the legendary medieval hill towns of Tuscany, each with its own unique personality. Hike in the Cinqueterre, visit the white marble quarries of Carrara, or relax at a nearby thermal spa. Lucca is just 60 minutes from Florence, 30 minutes from Pisa, and 20 minutes from the chic beach at Forte dei Marmi and Lido di Camaiore.
Villa Buonvisi is a 500-year old villa renovated to a high level of beauty and comfort. The spaciousness of the house offers groups of family or friends a place to gather together or to find a quiet place to be alone. Villa Buonvisi is great for all ages. Young children will enjoy the extensive grounds, while teenagers and young adults can go to the beach or play tennis. Relax by the pool or go shopping in Lucca or at the famous open-air market in Forte dei Marmi. Art lovers can explore Tuscan treasures and foodies will enjoy the mane restaurants in the area.
This is a perfect setting for a wedding or gathering of family and friends who are looking for an authentic experience in beautiful surroundings or who want to celebrate a special occasion. The villa is furnished with tables, chairs, and dinner service for 50 people, which keeps catering costs down. The villa manages to be elegant and yet child-friendly with a castle-like feel.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
Ground floor (sleeps 4)
- Spacious furnished living room with large working fireplace
- Separate dining room
- Library with PC, fax, printer and Wi-Fi
- Powder room
- Tuscan kitchen with open fireplace, deep fryer, gas and electric ovens, microwave, vegetable washer, slicer, industrial dishwasher
- Extra room for the pantry and extra refrigerator and freezer
- Bedroom (№1 gold) with king bed and en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom (№2) with king bed and en suite bathroom with shower over tub
Second floor (sleeps 8)
- Large music salon with original 19th-century Fortepiano
- Suite (№3): bedroom with queen bed, frescoed salon with sofa, round dining table, satellite TV, and en suite bathroom with 3 sinks, shower, corner Jacuzzi tub
- Bedroom (№4 green) with separable queen bed (twins on request) with en suite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom (№5 pink) with king bed and en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom (№6 blue) with king bed and en suite bathroom with shower and separate tub
Third floor (sleeps 12+4)
- Double bedroom (№7) with a separable queen bed (twins on request) and extra queen sofabed. The bathroom can be en suite bathroom by closing the hall door or it can be shared with bedroom №11. The bathroom has tub with hand-held shower and a low ceiling not good for tall people.
- Bedroom (№8) with king bed and en suite bathroom with shower.
- Four person suite (№9) with 2 queen beds plus a queen sofabed, en suite bathroom with both shower and separate tub
- Bedroom (№10) with queen bed and en suite bathroom with shower over tub.
- Extra twin bedroom (№11) that can share the bathroom across the hall with bedroom №7
- Large room with TV, screening room & pool table, and some exercise equipment
- Beautiful large swimming pool 80 x 100 ft with lounge chairs
- Tables for dining al fresco under a beautiful grape arbor pergola
- Tennis court
- Tennis table
- Five bicycles are available
For groups wanting complete privacy: Vera One, on the same estate as Villa Buonvisi, has a patio near the large pool. Even though the patio is nicely screened with oleanders, groups renting Buonvisi that desire complete privacy should consider renting Vera One as well.
- Terrace/BalconyStaff IncludedWine Cellar
- Near Beach Walk to village/services
- Closest store or village: 1.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Pool (unheated)
- TennisGolf (within 30 minutes)
- TV (satellite)CD Player/Stereo
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral Heat
- Great KitchenDishwasherMicrowave
- Wheelchair accessibleElderly accessibleChild friendlyGround floor bed/bath
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 3 days
- Arrival Day
|Dates||Up to 12p||13 - 26p|
|Jan 2 - Mar 25||$8,620||$14,366|
|Mar 26 - Apr 1||$10,226||$17,238|
|Apr 2 - Apr 29||$8,620||$14,366|
|Apr 30 - Jun 24||$10,226||$17,238|
|Jun 25 - Aug 26||$12,168||$21,548|
|Aug 27 - Sep 23||$10,226||$17,238|
|Sep 24 - Dec 16||$8,620||$14,366|
|Dec 17 - Jan 6, 2017||$10,226||$17,238|
- Linens (pool towles included, bed and bath linens changed twice a week)
- Utilities included up to €150/wk
- Daily maid service (8 hrs)
- Tennis court maintenance, pool and garden maintenance
- Prepared welcome dinner and basic groceries for weekly rentals only. Inquire about prices for shorter stays.
- WiFi internet
- Utilities exceeding €150/wk, paid locally.
- Local head tax may be due in cash in Euros upon arrival
- Upon request at the time of booking (or at least 1 month in advance) additional services can be requested and must be paid in cash on site:
- Cook service for lunch OR dinner with cook and waiter: €300 per day plus food and beverage cost, 6 days service €1500 plus food and beverage cost.
- Daily breakfast: €15 per person per day
- Driver and concierge services quoted upon request
- Weddings and special events quoted upon request
- Discount quoted upon request
- Security Deposit
$3,000 payable by check to Doorways and returned within one month after your stay minus any damages or unpaid fees
- Pool open May 16-Sept 19.
- The Vera One and Vera Three Apartments are also located on the Buonvisi Estate but they have a separate entrance and separate swimming pool. Larger groups can be accommodated by booking a nearby villa or nearby hotels that are in walking distance.
- Sunday arrivals are not permitted
|Torre del Lago (opera festival)||29 km|
|Versilian Riviera||29 km|
|Carrara marble quarries||59 km|
|Pisa Airport||20 km|
|Lucca Rail Station||5 km|