La Tavernaccia / Chianti Wine Region in Tuscany
Surrounded by a large natural park, the grounds include a large swimming pool, a tennis court, a small amphitheatre and many lovely paths for strolling. Interiors are elegant and stylish, yet comfortable and welcoming. But what sets this magnificent country house apart is the tower on its top level. Furnished as a comfortable living room, the tower has wraparound windows with a panoramic 360° breathtaking view of the countryside, inviting a quiet hour with a book or a glass of wine at sunset.
The setting is picture perfect — a classic Renaissance villa set on a hill and commanding an impressive view over the gorgeous Tuscan countryside, with views of Fiesole, Panzano and Volterra. La Tavernaccia is an ideal place to relax in the lap of luxury. In fact, Prince Charles and Lady Diana were guests on the estate where the villa is located on their first trip to Italy in 1986.The location is superb, just five miles from Florence, with all of Tuscany in easy reach. The highway to Siena (45 minutes) is just four miles away, and the highway to Pisa (55 minutes) is just ten minutes by car. Florence airport is 11 miles away. Golf courses and riding stables are located nearby.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
- Entrance hall
- Two spacious living rooms, with plenty of comfortable seating
- Dining room overlooks the gardens
- Tuscan kitchen with dishwasher, stainless steel appliances
- Master bedroom and toilette
- Outdoor dining and relaxing areas
- Guest toilet
- Four bedrooms with king-size beds and en-suite bathrooms
- Two bedrooms with twin beds and en-suite bathrooms
- Double bedroom with bathroom on mezzanine level
- Third floor
- Belvedere living room with four large windows and a 360 degree view
- Private swimming pool (that can be heated on request at additional cost)
- Outdoor dining and BBQ
- New gazebo in the middle of an Italian Garden inside the small theater, a lovely spot to relax, read, enjoy a snack or drink any time of day or evening
- Brand new vegetable garden available on the terrace a few steps from the outdoor dining gazebo
- New bowling court in clay
An English-speaking couple is available for cooking, housekeeping and serving at the table. They can also purchase groceries. Many other services are available on request.
- Terrace/BalconyStaff IncludedWine Cellar
- Closest store or village: 3.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Heated Pool
- TennisGolf (within 30 minutes)
- TV (satellite)CD Player/StereoVideo Player
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral Heat
- Great KitchenDishwasherMicrowave
- Ground floor bed/bath
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
Jan 7 - Mar 24
Oct 21 - Dec 22
Apr 22 - May 26
Mar 25 - Apr 21
May 27 - Sep 22
- Air conditioning
- ADSL internet
- Final cleaning
- Maid service
- Villa heat is metered and paid locally based on consumption.
- The pool can be heated for an additional fee, and must be requested in advance of your stay.
- Any local tourist tax is due in cash in euros upon arrival.
- Professional key holder service can be ordered for 200 euros/week otherwise the house staff will act as key holders.
- On request, guests may order concierge services, villa provisioning, breakfast and chef services.
- Security Deposit
$5,000 due on arrival and returned at the end of your stay less any damage or unpaid fees.
|Florence Airport||11 mi|