La Novellina / Fiano in Chianti
La Novellina is a wonderfully renovated farmhouse built around a central 11th-century tower and located halfway between Florence and Siena, overlooking the Chianti hills.
This typical Tuscan house has been completely and respectfully restored. Original materials have been reused wherever possible, resulting in a delightful combination of tradition, authenticity, elegance and comfort — with an unbelievable view that stretches as far as the towers of San Gimignano. Surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and cypress trees, La Novellina is part of a sixty-nine acre estate producing extra virgin olive oil.
The little village of Fiano is just a mile away, with a couple of very nice restaurants, and can be reached on foot (over the fields) or in just a few minutes by car. Grocery stores, gas stations, bakeries, post office, bus stop and other services are located three miles away in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa. The autostrada linking Siena with Florence is just 15 minutes away, and the ferry to Corsica and Sardinia (65 miles) are within driving distance. The free parking lot in Scandicci for the new tram with shuttle service in and out of Florence is about 20 minutes from La Novellina, or you can take a bus to Florence from Tavarnelle. Within the radius of a few miles, you can find Estruscan tombs, medieval cities, 14th-century castles, and Baroque churches. Or you can just relax at home and enjoy the beautiful panoramic view.
Daily housekeeping is included – up to 4 hours. As well as your first night’s dinner and a food basket. You’ll also receive breakfast service on weekdays. You will find a steaming breakfast waiting for you in the kitchen, with fresh hot coffee, tea, milk, cereals, freshly baked sourdough toast from the local bakery, with butter and jam. On Monday night, you will be invited to a genuine, simple, informal Italian dinner sourced directly from the villa’s garden.
The keyholder is fluent in English and will greet you when you arrive. She is also a great cook and offers cooking classes and cook service. Upon request, she can offer a personalized concierge service to book tours, tickets, restaurant reservations, and help with your daily planning.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
Ground floor (sleeps 2)
- Small entrance hall
- Large eat-in kitchen built on two levels, with a huge wood-burning pizza oven, stone sink, modern sink, dishwasher, clothes washer & dryer
- Double (king) bedroom, en-suite bathroom with tub (three steps up from the main level)
- Both the kitchen and the ground floor bedroom can be accessed from the exterior of the villa (avoiding the steps for guests with walking problems), but please be aware that there are a few steps here and there throughout the ground floor.
- Small bathroom near the kitchen, accessed from outdoor loggia
Second floor (sleeps 6)
- Central hallway
- Large living and dining room with fireplace and covered balcony
- Double (king) bedroom, en-suite bathroom (shower & tub)
- Bedroom with twin beds (cannot be joined as they are located on opposite walls, with a door between them)
- Double bedroom
- Bathroom with shower
Third floor (sleeps 2)
- Double queen bedroom that can be twins, en-suite bathroom with shower. Access to this bedroom has a lower-than-usual ceiling, so watch your head going up the stairs.
Guest house (sleeps 4)
- Entrance is in a small living area with sofa bed and kitchenette corner
- Double bedroom with twin beds and en suite bathroom with bathtub, A/C
- Double bedroom, bathroom with shower, A/C
- Outside is the loggia for dining al fresco, a swimming pool (11 meters x 5 meters), and a bathroom with shower entranced from outside the kitchen — especially useful during the pool season.
- Terrace/BalconyStaff IncludedWine Cellar
- Walk to village/services
- Closest store or village: 1.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Pool (unheated)
- TV (satellite)CD Player/Stereo
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral HeatWindow Screens
- Great KitchenDishwasher
- Elderly accessibleChild friendlyGround floor bed/bath
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
|Optional Guest house |
Jan 7 - Apr 14
Sep 30 - Dec 22
Apr 15 - Jun 23
Aug 26 - Sep 29
Jun 24 - Aug 25
Dec 23 - Jan 5, 2018
For main villa:
- Maid service (2 hrs/day Mon-Sat, except public holidays)
- A/C is only available in the bedrooms, and is metered with a bonus of €50/wk
- Linens (bath linens changed on Wed & Sat)
- Pool towels
- Gardener (5 days/wk)
- Internet WiFi
- Prepared delivered welcome dinner and food basket
- Tuscan dinner (Monday)
- Continental breakfast (Mon-Sat)\
For main villa + guest house:
- Maid service (4 hrs/day Mon-Sat, except public holidays)
- Gardener (5 days/wk)
- Utilities are metered with a bonus of €50. Guests pay for usage above €50.
- Utility deposit of €100 for heat/air conditioning is due in cash upon arrival. A/C is metered and in main villa bedrooms only.
- Final cleaning of €250 is due in cash for the main house, or €450 for the villa plus guest house upon arrival.
- Total deposit due on arrival for utilities and final cleaning = €650 cash + local tourist tax (villa only), or €850 cash (villa + guest house) + local tourist tax.
- Local tourist tax due in cash in Euros upon arrival.
- Additional bed or crib available upon request at €350/wk.
- Additional services available upon request at an additional fee: cook, car transfers, extra maid service and laundry service.
- Security Deposit
$1,000 payable by check to Doorways, €300 due on arrival and returned at the end of your stay less any damages or unpaid fees.
- For more than 3 children, please inquire.
- Pool is open from May 16 to September 19
- English-speaking owner lives next door, and is available to help guests with any problems.
- The garden, pergola and pool are completely private for the guests of the villa.
- Upon request and approval of owner, a late arrival is possible between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm for an extra fee of €50.
|Tavarnelle Val di Pesa||3 mi|
|Autostrada linking Siena to Florence||15 min|
|Corsica and Sardinia||65 mi|