La Novellina / Fiano in Chianti
La Novellina is a wonderfully renovated farmhouse built around a cental 11th-century tower and located halfway between Florence and Siena, overlooking the Chianti hills.
This typical Tuscan house has been completely and respectfully restored. Original materials have been reused wherever possible, resulting in a delightful combination of tradition, authenticity, elegance and comfort — with an unbelievable view that stretches as far as the towers of San Gimignano. Surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and cypress trees, La Novellina is part of a sixty-nine acre estate producing extra virgin olive oil.
The little village of Fiano is just a mile away, with a couple of very nice restaurants, and can be reached on foot (over the fields) or in just a few minutes by car. Grocery stores, gas stations, bakeries, post office, bus stop and other services are located three miles away in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa. The autostrada linking Siena with Florence is just 15 minutes away, and the ferry to Corsica and Sardinia (65 miles) are within driving distance. The free parking lot in Scandicci for the new tram with shuttle service in and out of Florence is about 20 minutes from La Novellina, or you can take a bus to Florence from Tavarnelle. Within the radius of a few miles, you can find Estruscan tombs, medieval cities, 14th-century castles, and Baroque churches. Or you can just relax at home and enjoy the beautiful panoramic view.
Daily housekeeping is included – up to 2 hours. As well as your first night’s dinner and basic groceries. You’ll also receive breakfast service on weekdays. You will find a steaming breakfast waiting for you in the kitchen, with fresh hot coffee, tea, milk, cereals, freshly baked sourdough toast from the local bakery, with butter and jam. On Tuesday night, you will be invited to a genuine, simple, informal Italian dinner sourced directly from the villa’s garden.
The keyholder is fluent in English and will greet you when you arrive. She is also a great cook and offers cooking classes and cook service. Upon request, she can offer a personalized concierge service to book tours, tickets, restaurant reservations, and help with your daily planning.
The Italian-speaking mother of the owner lives on the estate. She is on hand to help you with any problems that may arise but will be careful not to intrude on your privacy.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
- Small entrance hall
- Large eat-in kitchen built on two levels, with a huge wood-burning pizza oven, stone sink, modern sink, dishwasher, clothes washer & dryer
- Double (king) bedroom, en-suite bathroom with tub (three steps up from the main level)
- Both the kitchen and the ground floor bedroom can be accessed from the exterior of the villa (avoiding the steps for guests with walking problems), but please be aware that there are a few steps here and there throughout the ground floor.
- Central hallway
- Large living and dining room with fireplace and covered balcony
- Double (king) bedroom, en-suite bathroom (shower & tub)
- Bedroom with twin beds (cannot be joined as they are located on opposite walls, with a door between them)
- Single bedroom
- Bathroom with shower
- Double queen bedroom that can be twins, en-suite bathroom with shower. Access to this bedroom has a lower-than-usual ceiling, so watch your head going up the stairs.
- Outside is the loggia for dining al fresco, a swimming pool (11 meters x 5 meters), and a bathroom with shower entranced from outside the kitchen — especially useful during the pool season.
- Terrace/BalconyStaff IncludedWine Cellar
- Walk to village/services
- Closest store or village: 1.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Pool (unheated)
- TV (satellite)CD Player/Stereo
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral HeatWindow Screens
- Great KitchenDishwasher
- Elderly accessibleChild friendlyGround floor bed/bath
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
Jan 7 - Apr 14
Sep 30 - Dec 22
Apr 15 - Jun 23
Aug 26 - Sep 29
Dec 23 - Jan 5, 2018
Jun 24 - Aug 25
- Linens (bath linens changed on Wed & Sat)
- Pool towels
- Maid service (2 hrs/day Mon-Sat, except public holidays)
- Gardener (5 days/wk)
- Internet WiFi
- Prepared delivered welcome dinner and basic groceries
- Tuscan dinner (Tues)
- Continental breakfast (Mon-Sat)
- Utilities are metered with a bonus of €50. Guests pay for usage above €50.
- Utility deposit of €100 for heat/air conditioning is due in cash upon arrival. A/C is metered and in main villa bedrooms only.
- Final cleaning of €220 is due in cash upon arrival.
- Local head tax due in cash in Euros upon arrival.
- Additional bed or crib available upon request at €350/wk.
- Additional services available upon request at an additional fee: cook, car transfers, extra maid service and laundry service.
- Security Deposit
$1,000 payable by check to Doorways, €300 due on arrival and returned at the end of your stay less any damages or upaid fees. Total deposit due on arrival = €620 cash + local head tax.
- For more than 3 children, please inquire.
- Pool is open from May 16 to September 19
- Upon request and approval of owner, a late arrival is possible between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm for an extra fee of €50.
|Tavarnelle Val di Pesa||3 mi|
|Autostrada linking Siena to Florence||15 min|
|Corsica and Sardinia||65 mi|