Il Casolare / San Vincenzo a Torri in Chianti
Il Casolare is a not a typical Tuscan farmhouse. Instead it is a 5-star, 3800 sq ft luxury farmhouse sitting on 124 acres for people who want to pamper themselves. It has been so beautifully restored and meticulously and lovingly maintained, that it is in a class by itself.
Located in the heart of the Chianti wine region, Casolare is 14 kilometers (8.6 miles) southwest of Florence and within an hour drive of San Gimignano, Siena, Lucca and Pisa. It’s just a bit farther to the chic beach resorts of Viareggio and Forte dei Marmi.
The village of San Vincenzo a Torri is a mile away, with coffee bar, bakery and grocery store. Montelupo Fiorentino, an important ceramics center, is 3 kilometers away. Cerbaia is a few minutes' drive, with many shops and services. There is a train station in Montelupo, which is one public transportation option to Florence, but the best way to Florence is to drive to one of the new tram stops in Scandicci (10 min away, with ample parking). Trams run continuously (every 5 min) and take only 12 minutes to whisk to the center of Florence.
The farm has been in the owner's family since 1970. In 2007, the present owner lovingly renovated the house, built in the 1800's. She lives on the property, speaks English well, and is a rich resource of information about the best shops, the best chefs, and the best day trips. Our guests all adore her and appreciate the fact that she is fun, attentive, informative but never intrusive.
A cypress-lined drive leads past vineyards and olive groves to Il Casolare, nestled within 124 acres of land, where olives, grapes, fruit and other products are grown. The grounds offer several lovely different spots for relaxing or dining al fresco. From dawn until dusk, the terrace and covered loggia invite you to enjoy the warmth and spirit of the Tuscan countryside. There is also an outdoor pizza oven.
A swimming pool (50' x 16', that can be heated at additional cost) is located on the south side of the house, in a spot that enjoys all-day sunshine. The rolling countryside is ideal for mountain biking, running, walking and hiking. For kids there is a ping-pong table. Nearby you will find tennis courts, a squash center and a golf course.
Il Casolare is a non-smoking property.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
Il Casolare has five bedrooms. Each has cast iron beds, en-suite bathroom, satellite TV, multi-country DVD player, internet access, telephone, individual heating and air conditioning. Three of the bedrooms can have a single bed added (70 cm x 190 cm).
- Menta (2+1) King bedroom with large en suite bathroom (double sink and bathtub/shower) – single bed can be added
- Lavanda (2+1) Two twin beds can be joined to make a king bed and en-suite bathroom with large marble shower and single sink – single bed can be added.
- Salvia (2) twin beds that can be joined to make a king bed and marble en-suite bathroom with double sink and combination bathtub/shower.
- Prezzemolo (1+1) with a double bed (120 cm x 185 cm), en-suite bathroom with single sink, bidet and (bathtub/shower) – single bed can be added (70 cm x 190 cm).
- Cantina (2) ground floor queen bedroom with separate entrance. The queen bed cannot be separated. En-suite marble bathroom has shower and single sink.
Il Casolare is fully staffed (staff lives on the premises) and includes daily maid service, pool and garden maintenance. A farmhouse country breakfast is served daily with fresh fruit, cereals, yogurts, eggs, local cheese and meats, an assortment of breads, and their own organic preserves. Guests can arrange lunch and dinner directly with the in-house chef for an extra charge. Cooking classes are available, on request.
- Internet access is provided, as well as Samsung Smart TV's
- The villa has an extensive DVD collection
- A car is required to stay at Casolare
- Outdoor pizza oven
- Terrace/BalconyStaff IncludedWine Cellar
- Closest store or village: 3.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Heated Pool
- TennisGolf (within 30 minutes)
- TV (satellite)CD Player/StereoVideo Player
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral HeatWindow Screens
- Laundry service on request at additional cost
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
|Jan 10 - April 8||$10,591|
|April 9 - Oct 27||$12,460|
|Oct 28 - Dec 22*||$10,591|
- Linens (midweek, with change of bath towels)
- Daily maid service
- Pool towels
- Garden & pool maintenance
- Final cleaning
- Welcome and goodbye dinners
- Daily breakfast
- Bathroom amenity pack
- Free use of WiFi Internet
- Porter service for luggage (on request)
- The pool can be heated for an additional fee, and must be requested in advance of your stay.
- Pool heat is €650/wk.
- Phone is metered and based on usage.
- Fax and printer usage
- Honesty bar
- Laundry service on request.
- Lunches and dinners can be prepared on request, prices vary depending on menu.
- Formal dinner with well renowned chef
- Day trip itineraries can be arranged with your host
- The following third party services can be arranged by Casolare:
- In-house holistic treatments including Thai massage, Reflexology and Shiatsu.
- Pedicures and Manicures.
- Cooking lessons with locally-based internationally renowned chef.
- Tickets for a specified day and time to visit the Uffizi and Accademia Galleries can be arranged (the galleries do charge you for this service enabling you to avoid the queues).
- Transfer from Florence rail station or Pisa/Florence airports
- A private driver can be arranged to take you to and from the various historicl towns
- Wine tasting in the Chianto or Bolgheri region
- Security Deposit
$2,500 payable by check to Doorways and refunded a month after your stay less any damage or unpaid fees.
- Il Casolare is a non-smoking property.
- Access to the kitchen is limited to staff.
|Montelupo Fiorentino||3 km|