Il Casolare / San Vincenzo a Torri in Chianti
Il Casolare is a not a typical Tuscan farmhouse. Instead it is a 5-star, 3800 sq ft luxury farmhouse sitting on 124 acres for people who want to pamper themselves. It has been so beautifully restored and meticulously and lovingly maintained, that it is in a class by itself.
Located in the heart of the Chianti wine region, Casolare is 14 kilometers (8.6 miles) southwest of Florence and within an hour drive of San Gimignano, Siena, Lucca and Pisa. It’s just a bit farther to the chic beach resorts of Viareggio and Forte dei Marmi.
The village of San Vincenzo a Torri is a mile away, with coffee bar, bakery and grocery store. Montelupo Fiorentino, an important ceramics center, is 3 kilometers away. Cerbaia is a few minutes' drive, with many shops and services. There is a train station in Montelupo, which is one public transportation option to Florence, but the best way to Florence is to drive to one of the new tram stops in Scandicci (10 min away, with ample parking). Trams run continuously (every 5 min) and take only 12 minutes to whisk to the center of Florence.
The farm has been in the owner's family since 1970. In 2007, the present owner lovingly renovated the house, built in the 1800's. She lives on the property, speaks English well, and is a rich resource of information about the best shops, the best chefs, and the best day trips. Our guests all adore her and appreciate the fact that she is fun, attentive, informative but never intrusive.
A cypress-lined drive leads past vineyards and olive groves to Il Casolare, nestled within 100 acres of land, where olives, grapes, fruit and other products are grown. The grounds offer several lovely different spots for relaxing or dining al fresco. From dawn until dusk, the terrace and covered loggia invite you to enjoy the warmth and spirit of the Tuscan countryside. A swimming pool (50' x 16'; can be heated at additional cost) is located on the south side of the house, in a spot that enjoys all-day sunshine. The rolling countryside is ideal for mountain biking, running, walking and hiking. For kids there is a ping-pong table and Wii and Playstation. Nearby you will find tennis courts, a squash center and a golf course.
Il Casolare is strictly a non-smoking property.
Associated CollectionsLuxury Villas
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
Il Casolare has five bedrooms. Each has cast iron beds, en-suite bathroom, satellite TV, multi-country DVD player, internet access, telephone, individual heating and air conditioning. Three of the bedrooms can have a single bed added (70 cm x 190 cm).
- Menta (2+1) King bedroom with large en suite bathroom (double sink and bathtub/shower) – single bed can be added
- Lavanda (2+1) Two twin beds can be joined to make a king bed and en-suite bathroom with large marble shower and single sink – single bed can be added.
- Salvia (2+1) twin beds that can be joined to make a king bed and marble en-suite bathroom with double sink and combination bathtub/shower – single bed can be added.
- Prezzemolo (1+1) with a double bed (120 cm x 185 cm), en-suite bathroom with single sink, bidet and (bathtub/shower) – single bed can be added (70 cm x 190 cm).
- Cantina (2) ground floor queen bedroom with separate entrance. The queen bed cannot be separated. En-suite marble bathroom has shower and single sink.
Il Casolare is fully staffed (staff lives on the premises) to include daily maid service, pool and garden maintenance and a farmhouse country breakfast including fresh fruit, cereals, yogurts, eggs, local cheese and meats, an assortment of breads, and their own organic preserves. Guests can arrange meals directly with the in-house chef for an extra charge. Guests are not permitted to use the commercial kitchen alone, but can join the cook if they like.
- Internet access is provided with cell phones available from the owner, and Samsung Smart TV's
- The villa has an extensive DVD collection
- A car is required to stay at Casolare
- Terrace/BalconyStaff IncludedWine Cellar
- Closest store or village: 3.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Heated Pool
- TennisGolf (within 30 minutes)
- TV (satellite)CD Player/StereoVideo Player
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral HeatWindow Screens
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
|Feb 25 - Oct 27||$12,460|
- Linens (midweek change of bath towels)
- Daily maid service
- Pool towels
- Garden & pool maintenance
- Final cleaning
- Welcome and goodbye dinners
- Daily breakfast
- Bathroom amenity pack
- Free use of WiFi Internet
- Fax and Printer usage
- Porter service for luggage (on request)
- Pool heat is €500/wk.
- Honesty bar
- Phone is metered and based on usage.
- Laundry service on request.
- Lunches and dinners can be prepared on request, prices vary depending on menu.
- Formal dinner with well renowned chef
- Day trip itineraries can be arranged with your host
- The following third party services can be arranged by Casolare:
- In-house holistic treatments including Thai massage, Reflexology and Shiatsu.
- Pedicures and Manicures.
- Cooking lessons with locally-based internationally renowned chef.
- Tickets for a specified day and time to visit the Uffizi and Accademia Galleries can be arranged (the galleries do charge you for this service enabling you to avoid the queues).
- Transfer from Florence rail station or Pisa/Florence airports
- A private driver can be arranged to take you to and from the various historicl towns
- Wine tasting in the Chianto or Bolgheri region
- Tourist tax is due in cash in euros upon arrival.
- Security Deposit
$2,500 payable by check to Doorways and refunded a month after your stay less any damage or unpaid fees.
- Non-smoking property.
- Access to kichen is limited to staff. Kitchen is off-limits to guests unless accompanied by the chef.
|Montelupo Fiorentino||3 km|