Casa Elena / In Chianti, Tuscany
Casa Elena is an elegant Tuscan farmhouse with glorious views over the rolling hills of Chianti. The location is ideal — between Florence and Siena and close to Certaldo, Montespertoli and San Gimignano, in the very heart of Chianti.
An unpaved road of about five miles leads to Casa Elena through vineyards and olive groves. Although a 4x4 car is not necessary to reach the property, this road is not suitable for low-slung cars. The original building dates back a thousand years and is part of the Borgo di Voltiggiano, a group of about ten properties, including the villa of the owner, which is about 300 yards from Casa Elena. The two properties are separated by gardens and a high hedge and are not connected, ensuring privacy.
Casa Elena was recently renovated and is beautifully decorated, with comfort and style in mind. The 2.5 acre property is entirely fenced. The lawn is bordered with rose bushes, cypress and olive trees. A patio by the pool provides shade as well as sun lounges. Attached to the house are two other patios, one furnished with table and chairs for al fresco dining and the other burnished with comfortable lounge chairs. The salt-water pool has a solar cover to retain the sun’s warmth during the night; however, please be aware that this is not a safety cover for children.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
The villa is decorated with beautiful terracotta tiles and beamed ceilings.
- Entry hall with beautiful mirrors and coat room
- Guest bathroom
- Large double living room (air-conditioned) elegantly furnished with couches and armchairs and a wood stove; large French windows overlook the garden and the two patios
- Gaming table area, with backgammon, chess, checkers, cards and other games, satellite TV, CD, Blue Ray 3D DVD player
- Large modern kitchen with gas range, two ovens, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, filter coffee maker, grill, refrigerator & freezer, juicer
- Laundry area with washing machine for staff only; however, staff will assist guests who want to use the washing machine during working hours
- Master bedroom (double bed), with a/c, decorative fireplace, TV, nice view over the pool and garden and the beautiful countryside; large en-suite bathroom with oval tub and walk-in closet
- Double bedroom (double bed) with a/c, TV – en-suite bathroom with shower, view over the countryside
- Double bedroom (twin beds)a/c, TV, view over the countryside; an additional single bed is available; adjacent bathroom (in the hall) with cast-iron tub
- Double bedroom (double bed) with a/c – en-suite bathroom with shower, view of the Apuane Alps (famous for their marble) and the Apennines on a clear day.
- Reading room with decorative fireplace (no a/c) and a good selection of books in English and French
- 2.5 acres, fully fenced
- Three patios – two patios attached to the villa and one at the pool, furnished
- Salt-water pool with cover
- Electric gate
- Covered parking inside the property
- Golf Club Castelfalfi in Montaione: 10 km/6.2mi
- Tennis Club Castelfiorentino: 5 km/3mi or in Montespertoli: 6 km/3.75mi
- Horseback riding in Certaldo: 4 km/2.5mi
- Hot Air Ballooning in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa: 15 km/9.3mi
- Scooter rental in Certaldo 4 km/2.5mi
- Beaches of the beautiful Tuscan coast: 70 km/44mi
- Closest store or village: 5.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Helicopter available on request
- Pool (unheated)
- Golf (within 30 minutes)Gym/Workout AreaHorseback Riding (nearby)
- New massage room on the ground floor, Massages and beautician available on request.
- TV (satellite)CD Player/StereoVideo Player
- Climate Control
- Air Conditioning
- Air conditioning throughout except for the kitchen and the second floor reading room.
- Great KitchenDishwasherMicrowave
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
Jan 7 - Apr 14
Sep 30 - Dec 22
Apr 15 - Jun 23
Aug 26 - Sep 29
Dec 23 - Jan 5, 2018
Jun 25 - Aug 26
- Linens (bath linens changed on Wed)
- Pool towels
- €50 utility bonus, guests pay for usage above €50
- Maid service (2 hrs/day, Mon-Sat)
- Garden & pool maintenance
- Welcome dinner & basic groceries
- For guests who stay during Expo 2015 (May 1 - Oct 31), the owner will provide free tickets.
- Electricity is metered with a bonus of €50, guests must pay for usage above €50.
- Heat and air-conditioning are metered and based on consumption, utility deposit of €250/wk is due upon arrival.
- Crib is €100
- Extra bed is €150
- Additional maid service is €12/hr.
- Local head tax is due in cash in Euros upon arrival.
- Cook services are available upon request at an additional fee.
- Security Deposit
$1,000 payable by check to Doorways and refunded a month after your stay, €300 due on arrival and returned at the end of your stay less any damages or unpaid fees. Total deposit due on arrival = €550 cash + local head tax.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7:00pm and 9:00pm for an extra fee of €50.
- For more than 3 children - please inquire.
- Pool opening dates: May 16 - Sep 18
|Florence Airport: 38km/24mi (45 min)||40 km|
|Greve in Chianti||44 km|
|San Gimignano||22 km|
|Pisa Airport||70 km|