Casa delle Campane / Chianti inTuscany
In the heart of the beautiful Chianti Hills, this wonderful country house is set on a thirty-acre rolling patchwork of olive groves, woods and fields, surrounded by spectacular views of the beloved Tuscan landscape.
This is a perfect spot for an Italian idyll, offering quiet relaxation in a secluded natural setting as well as a convenient home base for explorations — from the historic cities of Florence, Siena, Lucca, and Pisa to the smaller towns of San Gimignano and Volterra and the tiny villages along the ancient Chianti wine road. Facilities for golf and horseback riding are a short drive away. Shops and services are found in the nearby towns of Montespertoli, San Casciano and Tavernelle and there are smaller but wonderful restaurants in Luccardo and Fiano.
The house is surrounded by grass and trees, and has a lovely fenced pool (12 x 6 meters, 39 x 79 ft) and furnished deck with lounge chairs and sun umbrellas. A large terrace provides a cool spot for outdoor dining under a shaded loggia next to the kitchen. Guests have a choice of dining together in the dining room or outside on the terrace.
Casa delle Campane strikes a balance between rustic and elegant. Terracotta floors, whitewashed walls and beamed ceilings accent its spotless, light-filled interiors, and carefully chosen traditional furnishings and chandeliers complement the building’s immaculate restoration.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
- Living room with fireplace
- Separate dining room opens to the kitchen
- Kitchen combines traditional ambience with first-rate amenities, including dishwasher and microwave–layout is ideal for cooking class
- Small study
- Utility room with washer, dryer, and extra refrigerator/freezer
- Twin bedroom and adjacent bedroom with shower
- Smaller bedroom/study with end-on-end beds (can not be joined). This room can be accessed from the garden or through the other ground floor bedroom. The bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with shower.
- Four air-conditioned bedrooms, each with en-suite bathroom. Two of the rooms have king beds and two of the bedrooms have separable queen beds that means can be turned into queens or twins.
- The ground floor bedrooms are naturally cool but not air-conditioned. They have fans but window screens.
- Four of the bedrooms have twin beds that can be made up as queens on request. The other bedrooms have king-size beds.
- Upstairs bedroom windows are screened.
- Four bathrooms have shower and two have tubs.
A separate small barn on the estate houses an English- speaking couple that are the concierges for the guests of the farmhouse.
Although the farmhouse can sleep up to 12 guests, we think it is best for a maximum of five couples, depending on the season, because one bedroom has the beds arranged end-on-end rather than side-by-side. It is fine for singles.
Getting to the villa
The house is reached by a 0.43 mile unpaved road with some swales built in it to keep the road from washing out. It is not a dangerous or long road, but it is best to drive slowly and to avoid low-slung rental cars.
- Terrace/BalconyStaff IncludedWine Cellar
- Walk to village/services
- Closest store or village: 2.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Pool (unheated)
- Golf (within 30 minutes)Horseback Riding (nearby)
- TV (satellite)CD Player/Stereo
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral HeatWindow Screens
- Great KitchenDishwasherMicrowave
- Elderly accessibleChild friendlyGround floor bed/bath
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
Jan 2 - Apr 7
Sep 30 - Jan 5, 2018
Apr 8 - June 23
Sep 2 - Sep 29
June 24 - Sep 1
- Linens including bath and beach towels
- Utilities &, WiFi Internet connection
- Final cleaning
- Telephone is metered.
- Extra bed is €100/week.
- Additional services are available upon request at an extra fee: additional cleaning, babysitting, cook services.
- Security Deposit
$2,000 payable by check to Doorways and returned a month after your stay less any damage or unpaid fees.
|Closest store 3.5 km 2.1 mi 5 min||3.5 km|
|Closest supermarket||15 min|
|Closest restaurant||3.5 km|
|Tavarnelle Val di Pesa||8 km|
|San Casciano||15 min|
|Florence Airport||36 km|
|Pisa Airport||77 km|