Villa d’Oro / Viterbo, Northern Lazio
Villa d'Oro is set in the quiet green countryside of northern Lazio. This 16th century villa has been home to members of the present owners' family for over three hundred years. More recently, Julia Roberts spent a month at Villa d'Oro while filming "Eat Pray Love".
Villa d'Oro lies in the heart of the Viterbo countryside, just an hour's drive from Rome; there is also direct rail service. A wealth of daytrip possibilities is within half an hour by car, including San Martin al Cimino and the old city of Viterbo, both just one kilometer from the villa. Discover Villa Farnese and the unique gardens of the Villa Lante. Children will be delighted by the extraordinary Parco dei Mostri (Park of Monsters) in nearby Bomarzo. Explore Etruscan tombs or visit vineyards and wineries. The towns of southern Tuscany and Umbria are accessible; Siena and Assisi are 80 kilometers (50 miles) away. Orvieto is a thirty minute drive, and the nearest shops and conveniences can be found just two kilometers away in San Martino.
Originally a country farmhouse, the villa has been restored to a high level of elegance while respecting the original structure and materials. Now it is a graceful and welcoming home. Follow the private drive through the villa's picturesque grounds, planted with olive and lemon trees. Surrounding the house is a beautiful garden, and nearby, on a grassy terrace, is an "infinity" pool with a panoramic view over the hills of Lazio.
The main villa sleeps 10+1. For larger groups, there are additional rooms in the adjacent Casale, which has been recently renovated and can be rented to sleep 6-8 additional guests.
Associated CollectionsCelebrity Villas & Apartments
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
Lower ground floor
- Large dining room
- Large and well-equipped kitchen with fireplace, dishwasher, microwave
- Well equipped wine cellar
- Guest bathroom
Ground floor (sleeps 2)
- Two grand hallways
- TV room with fireplace leading to pergola
- Billiard room
- Two large sitting rooms, one with fireplace
- Study leading out to terrace furnished for outdoor dining
- Double bedroom, en suite bathroom with shower
Second floor (sleeps 8+1)
- Double bedroom with sitting room and large bathroom with jacuzzi tub and separate shower
- Double bedroom
- Bedroom with French bed (larger than a twin, smaller than a double; for an adult or two children)
- Bathroom with shower
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom
- Bathroom with tub and shower
Casale (sleeps 6+2)
- Two double bedrooms, each with a mezzanine with an additional single bed; en suite bathrooms with showers
- Twin bedroom; en suite bathroom
- Seven hectares (20 acres) of olive groves surround extensive lawns.
- Swimming pool (7 x 14 meters; 23 x 46 feet) is set about 65 feet from the house, with an outdoor shower.
- There is a private chapel on the grounds.
- Staff IncludedTerrace/BalconyWine Cellar
- Walk to village/services
- Closest store or village: 2.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Pool (unheated)
- Pool/Billiards Table
- TV (satellite)Video Player
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
|Dates||17 - 20p|
|Jan 10 - May 8||$16,588|
|May 9 - Jun 19||$20,314|
|Jun 20 - Sep 4||$21,970|
|Sep 5 - Sep 25||$20,314|
|Sep 26 - Dec 18||$16,588|
|Dec 19 - Jan 1, 2016||$20,314|
- Utilities (except heat)
- Bed and bath linens
- Pool towels
- Final cleaning
- Pool and garden maintenance
- Wireless internet
- Wood for fireplace.
- €2,500 mandatory fee to be paid upon arrival for full service staff, which includes, daily cleaning, kitchen staff for food prep (breakfast & dinner), cook, sous chef, wait staff for table service and food shopping fee.
- Breakfast is served from 8:00 am - 10:30 am.
- Dinner is served from 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm. There will be an extra charge of €50 for the cost of the waiter and cook if the dinner runs past 10:00 pm.
- Food and beverages paid separately. Customers will be presented with receipts at checkout.
- Lunch prep and service is € 30/pp- does not include food.
- Extra cleaning services are € 10/hour.
- Extra set of bed or bath linens is €8/pp.
- Cooking class is €60/pp including food.
- Heating is metered and paid locally based on consumption.
- Telephone is metered and based on usage.
- Local head tax due in cash in Euros upon arrival.
- Security Deposit
$3,000 payable by check to Doorways and refunded a month after your stay less any damage or unpaid fees. Total deposits due upon arrival = €2,500 cash + local head tax.
- For rentals during the Christmas season - all extra costs are to be agreed upon separately.
|San Martino||2 km|