Villa Larianella / On Lake Como
This is a love story that is easy to understand — how a noble Swiss family came to Lake Como at the turn of the century and fell in love with the magical landscape, and how they decided to build their Italian holiday home on its shores.
Villa Larianella still belongs to the same family, in 2008 they completely renovated and carefully restored the villa to its original splendor, retaining its many original features and balancing them harmoniously with modern comforts. This year they added a swimming pool.
Located between the famous Villa d’Este hotel in Cernobbio and George Clooney’s residence in Laglio, Villa Larianella sits directly on the lake in a beautiful landscaped garden setting, with a private dock and a panoramic terrace with a stunning lake view.
Outdoors, the garden and terrace are ideal for candlelit dinners or relaxing afternoons with a book. The terrace (760 sq ft) faces the lake and you can enjoy the view or sunbathe in privacy. A Jacuzzi spa and also a swimming pool are located in the garden, as well as a Ping-Pong table and table footfall. Relax at home and enjoy la dolce vita or take advantage of easy access to all the sights of Lake Como.
The convenient location, just a few kilometers from Cernobbio and 7 km (4.4 mi) from the center of Como, with easy access to public transportation (bus stop is 165 yards from the villa; ferry pier is 440 yards) makes Villa Larianella an ideal destination for touring. From the private dock, guests can use a rental boat or the comfortable water-taxis to visit the Villa d’Este as well as Menaggio, Bellagio, Tremezzo and the charming villages of Lake Como. An 18-hole golf course is just three km (1.8 mi) away.
Villa Larianella is on three floors with 6,500 square feet of interior space (plus basement) set on half an acre of walled gardens. The small loop road is close to the back of the villa so some noise is possible, but villa has special triple-glazed windows and most of the bedrooms face the lake which minimizes any intrusion. In addition, the road behind the villa loops off the main road and is without trucks in an exclusively villa area without loud businesses of any kind in the immediate neighborhood. The garden is walled on three sides. There is a private pedestrian underpass to the parking lot on the other side of the road which is in front of the caretaker’s and owner’s houses.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
- Double living room with period furnishings, french doors open to the terrace
- Spacious dining room with fireplace; french doors open to the terrace
- Well-equipped modern kitchen with five-burner stove, dishwasher, espresso machine, icemaker, microwave, microwave, toaster, coffee maker
- Second kitchen, fully equipped
- Terrace to the side of the kitchen (270 sq ft) with Weber BBQ.
- The kitchen offers 40 types of wine and champagne available for purchase, and a separate refrigerator for beer.
- Bathroom with shower
Second floor (sleeps 8+1)
- Study – extra bed (single size) can be added on request with lake view
- This room is accessed through glass french doors
- Four queen bedrooms with lake views
- Marble bathroom with tub
- Marble bathroom with Jacuzzi tub
- Large bathroom with double sinks, Jacuzzi claw-foot tub and separate stall shower with steam and water massage
- Bathroom with shower and hydro-massage; overlooks the terrace
Mansard (sleeps 8+1)
There is no lake view from this floor
- King (cannot be separated) bedroom with adjoining single bed
- Three twin bedrooms (beds cannot be joined)
- Large bathroom with shower and Jacuzzi tub
- Bathroom with shower
- Laundry room with washing machine
- Wine cellar, with additional wines to purchase as well as olive oil and salami, and a tasting area with sofas.
- Large terrace (750 sq ft) with lake view and BBQ
- Private dock
- Ping-pong table
- Professional table football
- Parking for 4 cars on the other side of the road*
- Outdoor Jacuzzi spa (heated) for six, located in the garden, with a panoramic view
- Motorboat (18 foot 40 hp) is kept at the villa and available for rent by guests.
- New heated swimming pool with roman steps and hydro massage
Boats can be rented for as little as one day
- For up to 6p–5.5 meters, 40 hp.
- No license required.
- For up to 8p–6.5 meters, 150 hp.
- International driving license is required.
- Can be rented with or without driver.
- Two additional beds may be added at extra cost with owner approval.
- Mattresses are modern, however bed sizes are translated to the closest American equivalent because the villa’s antique bed frames are not standardized
- Full air conditioning in bedrooms and living room
- Approval is needed for groups with more than three children.
- Lake/Sea ViewTerrace/Balcony
- Near Beach Walk to village/services
- Closest store or village: 1.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Heated PoolHot Tub/Jacuzzi
- Golf (within 30 minutes)
- TV (satellite)CD Player/StereoVideo Player
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral Heat
- Guests with walking difficulties –parking is on a different level than thevilla entrance, the connecting underpass requires 10 steps down and then up again.
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
|Dates||Up to 10p||11 - 16p|
| Low Season|
Jan 7 - Apr 14
Sep 30 - Dec 22
Apr 15 - Jun 23
Aug 26 - Sep 29
Dec 23 - Jan 5, 2018
Jun 24 - Aug 25
- Linens (bath linens changed Wed & Sat, bed linens changed Sat)
- Maid services (3 hrs/day, Mon-Sat)
- Gardener (5 days/wk)
- Utilities up to €200 per week
- WIFI Internet
- Prepared delivered welcome dinner
- Basic groceries
- Final cleaning
- Utilities (electricity, heat, air-conditioning) metered, guests pay for amount in excess of € 200/wk.
- Required cleaning package of € 350/week due in cash on arrival that provides maid service (3 hrs/day, Mon-Sat) & final cleaning.
- Optional extra beds € 300/wk. This must be requested in advance.
- Crib is €100/week.
- Additional change of linen €20 per set per person, to be paid directly to the maid.
- Telephone is metered and based on usage.
- Two rental boats are available on request, please inquire.
- Extra services are available upon request at an additional fee: babysitting services, cook service, transfer, extra maid service and laundry.
- Local tourist tax is due in cash in Euros upon arrival.
- Security Deposit
$1,700 payable by check to Doorways and refunded a month after your stay, € 700 due on arrival and returned at the end of your stay less any damage or unpaid fees. Total deposits due on arrival = € 1,050 cash.
- For more than 3 children, please inquire. Owner approval is required.
- Rates listed are for a maximum of 16 guests.Two additional beds may be added at extra cost, with owner approval
- Upon request and approval of owner, a late arrival is possible between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm for an extra fee of €50.
|Villa d'Este hotel||1.5 km|
|Malpensa Airport||60 km|