Villa La Dolce / Lake Como
This cozy cottage is located just one kilometer from the western shore of Lake Como and the village of San Siro — a unique, peaceful lakeside town with cobbled streets leading to a beautiful, ancient castle. San Siro has shops, services, and restaurants, and is just four miles north of Menaggio, with more extensive and elegant shopping.
Rent a little boat in Santa Maria, or use the facilities (swimming pool and tennis court) at the lakeside sports complex in Menaggio, where you can also catch a boat or hydrofoil to take you up and down the lake between Switzerland and Como, or across to Varenna or Bellagio. There are several golf courses in the area.
Villa La Dolce is not on the lakeshore but is located above the lake and the village. Because of its position, the cottage enjoys magical views of the lake and the mountains beyond. A very large, fenced-in garden surrounds the house, providing complete privacy.
La Dolce is tastefully furnished in warm, lively colors. The floors of the main living space are covered with cotto tiles, while the bedrooms have wooden floors. Colorful prints and soft furnishings create a cheerful feeling throughout the cottage.
Associated CollectionsKid-Friendly Villas
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
- Glass-covered loggia with open views over the lake, furnished with table & chairs
- Living room with lake view, studio area, SKY TV
- Brand new, beautifully equipped eat-in kitchen, renovated in 2008 with table for 12, large oven, grill, coffee maker, washing machine, access to terrace
- Storage room and stairs to the Taverna (lower level)
- Taverna (lower level)
- Living area with sofa (SKY TV/VCR/DVD), french doors leading to the garden
- Twin bedroom (beds can not be joined)
- Bathroom with tub, handheld shower
- Double bedroom with additional single bed
- Bedroom with French bed (larger than a twin, smaller than a double), en-suite bathroom with shower and Jacuzzi tub
- Bedroom with twin beds (can not be joined)
- Bathroom in the hallway with Jacuzzi tub
Note: one of the bedrooms is allergy free.
- Beautiful covered loggia
- Large terrace and fenced garden
- Above-ground swimming pool for children
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Lake/Sea ViewTerrace/Balcony
- Walk to village/services
- Closest store or village: 1.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Pool (unheated)
- TennisGolf (within 30 minutes)
- TV (satellite)Video Player
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral Heat
- Child friendly
Rates and Availability
View availability for
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
|Dates||Up to 6 p||7 - 8p|
|Jun 24 - Sep 1||$4,394||$5,578|
- Linens (bath linens changed Wed & Sat)
- Utilities (heat included)
- Maid service (2 hrs, Mon,Wed & Sat)
- WiFi Internet
- Crib available
- Final cleaning
- Extra bed is €150.
- Advanced grocery shopping is available upon request at an additional fee.
- Local tourist tax is due in cash in Euros upon request.
- Security Deposit
$1,000 payable by check to Doorways and refunded a month after your stay, € 250 due on arrival and returned at the end of your stay less any damage or unpaid fees. Local tourist tax due in cash in Euros upon arrival.