Villa la Tosca / Near Bordeaux
Just west of Bordeaux, the tranquil Villa La Tosca is tucked away in a serene cove off the French Atlantic Ocean. Set between the seashore, pine forests and the world renowned vineyards of Bordeaux, this exclusive country estate blends prestigious luxury with exemplary service, offering spacious accommodations, vast grounds and a waterfront location.
Villa La Tosca is sitautioned in the heart of Bassin d’Archachon, and area renowned for its invigorating microclimate. The blend of pine forest and ocean air is considered a health preventative, and especially beneficial for heart and lung conditions. The area is also known for its amazing natural light. No wonder the famous painter Toulouse Lautrec chose to summer at the neighboring Villa Bagatelle.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
- Spacious living room opens onto the veranda, with a spectacular sea view
- Contemporary dining room with magnificent sea and garden view. Floor-to-ceiling windows open to a grand covered terrace and the arched veranda. Indoors is a two-way open fireplace connecting the dining room with the kitchen area.
- Fully equipped modern kitchen with two integrated ovens, gas hob, induction cooking, grill, built-in deep fryer, microwave, plate warming drawer, ice maker, freezer, American style fridge
- Pinewood paneled English-style library with deep leather armchairs, marble fireplace and an extensive collection of international books
- Office with fax and printer. La Tosca has Wifi throughout, and additionally, every room is equipped with a fixed internet access.
- Home cinema with 55-inch flat screen TV, state-of-the-art video system
- Wine Cellar featuring local wines
- There are 8 bedrooms, including 4 luxury suites.
- All of the bedrooms are equipped with flat screen TV, en suite bathrooms, built-in wardrobes, the finest Egyptian cotton linens, hair dryer and internet access.
- Three bedrooms have king size beds.
- Two bedrooms have single twin beds that may be joined to make queen size beds.
- One bedroom has an electric bed to accommodate guests with reduced mobility
- Two bedrooms have twin beds that can be joined to make double beds.
- The upstairs bedrooms have air conditioning, the ground and garden floor are equipped with Dyson fans that provide cold or hot air.
The four luxury suites retain their original marble fireplaces.
- L’eau Vive boasts a wonderful terrace where you can enjoy a glass of champagne and splendid views of Arcachon and Cap Ferrat, or relax in the luxurious bathroom with double shower, water jets and separate spa tub.
- La Tour with its floor-to-ceiling windows offers breathtaking sea and forest views. Relax and absorb the sunset in a bath with a view.
- Le Bassin opens onto a spacious veranda. Read a book from the villa library, enjoy the fresh sea air or a fire in your room.
- La Verandah guests can shower in the bright morning sunshine in the spacious bathroom. This room offers a private access door. Floor-to-ceiling doors open onto the lower level veranda, with direct access to the garden and beach.
- Organic vegetable garden with seasonal vegetables, herbs and fruits
- Ecological swimming pool fed by a natural spring
- Bocce field (Petanque)
- Outdoor table tennis
- Lake/Sea ViewTerrace/BalconyStaff Included
- Near Beach Walk to village/services
- Pool (unheated)
- TV (satellite)CD Player/Stereo
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral Heat
- Great KitchenDishwasherMicrowave
- Wheelchair accessibleElderly accessibleGround floor bed/bath
Rates and Availability
Calendar available on request. Please inquire.
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
Jan 3 - Mar 27
Oct 31 - Dec 18
Mar 28 - May 29
Sep 26 - Oct 30
May 30 - Sep 25
Dec 18 - Jan 1, 2016
- Linens (changed weekly)
- Welcome drink and cheese (local specialties)
- Daily French breakfast
- Butler or waiter (high season only)
- Concierge Service (8am-8pm 7days/wk)
- 6 hours daily cleaning
- Complimentary coffee, regular tea, soft drinks
- Internet, satellite TV, in-room movies
- Free on-site sports: boules, croquet, Ping-Pong, football table, trampoline, volleyball, canoes, 4 bicycles
- Bed linens changes twice/wk on request
- Bath linens changed daily on request.
- Private chef and waiter on request.
- VAT tax 10%
- Security Deposit
$6,500 payable by check to Doorways and refunded within a month of your stay, less any damage or unpaid fees..
- Shorter stays are possible during mid or low season. Please inquire.