Soggiorno / Lucca
Soggiorno, originally a farmhouse and oil mill, has been beautifully and lovingly restored, with every modern comfort and convenience in mind.
Located just ten minutes from Lucca, in the pretty valley of Vorno, Soggiorno is near a small village (15-20 minute walk) and within easy reach of Pisa (20 min.), Florence (1.5 hrs), Siena (1.5 hrs) and the sea (35 min). An hour north along the coast is the Cinqueterre, known for its spectacular hiking and views. Visit the Carrara marble quarries, where Michelangelo got his pure white marble. Another half hour north are the famous towns of the Italian Riviera — Portofino, Santa Margherita and Rapallo. Facilities for golf (30 min), tennis (10 min) and horseback riding (10 min) are nearby.
Today the rooms of the old mill have become intimate and luxurious living rooms, full of warmth and welcome, with a fireplace, vaulted ceilings and traditional stonework. Furnishings have been carefully and patiently selected, with period furniture and splendid decorative objects.
Central air-conditioning (with individual controls in each bedroom). Guests are also welcomed with baskets of food.
Ask a question. Share your experience. Write a review.
- Living room with fireplace
- Dining room with vaulted ceilings
- Office with computer
- Large eat-in kitchen with microwave, dishwasher
- Master bedroom (queen bed), en-suite bath
- Three queen bedrooms with bathrooms en suite
- Twin bedroom with bathroom en suite
Three of the bedrooms rooms face north with views to the hills and valley, and two face south, overlooking the brook and garden. Bathrooms have tub, shower and heated towel racks. Additional sleeping space is available in the annex (at additional cost), with two bedrooms (one queen, onethree-quarter size bed) and one bathroom with shower.
- Garden, filled with potted lemons, olive trees, pines, camellias, wisteria, roses, lavender, rosemary and fruit trees
- Salt-water swimming pool (16 x 8 meters) with a diving board and changing booth.
- Natural pergola of wisteria
- Private patio just outside the dining room for alfresco dining
The owner lives in a separate villa on the estate, but the plantings have been arranged to give a feeling of privacy.
- Staff IncludedWine Cellar
- Near Beach Walk to village/services
- Closest store or village: 1.0 km
- Closest Village/Services
- Pool (unheated)
- Golf (within 30 minutes)Horseback Riding (nearby)Tennis
- TV (satellite)CD Player/Stereo
- Climate Control
- Air ConditioningCentral Heat
- Child friendly
Rates and Availability
Calendar available on request. Please inquire.
- Minimum Stay
- 1 week
- Arrival Day
|Villa up to 10p||Villa & Annex 11 - 13p|
- Utilities (except heat and A/C)
- Housekeeping 8 hrs/day, 6 days/wk
- Garden and pool maintenance
- Continental breakfast 6 days/wk
- Use of computer and internet connection
- Telephone/fax are metered and based on usage.
- Laundry services are available at an extra fee.
- Simple lunch can be prepared by the housekeeper (cost of food & beverages is extra).
- Chef can be requested for extra fee plus cost of food & beverages.
- Local head tax due in cash in Euros upon arrival.
- Security Deposit
$700, payable by check to Doorways, returned a month after your stay minus any damages or unpaid fees.
|Puccini Lake Summer Opera||20 min|
|Forte dei Marmi||35 min|