Villa Molinazzo is located just twelve miles (20km) from the picture perfect town of Orvieto and is conveniently situated within daytrip distance of Montelpulciano, Pienza, Montalcino,
and all of the enchanting hill towns of southern Tuscany, as well as all of Umbria.
Popular destinations include Todi, Spoleto, Assisi and Perugia, but it is also
possible to wander away from the beaten tourist track to explore treasures like
Civita di Bagnoregio, in Lazio, or the spectacular gardens of Villa Lante, near
Viterbo. On days when you don't want to drive, you can take a train to Rome in
about an hour and a half. The closest towns are Montecchio and Guardea.
Villa Molinazzo is a luxuriously restored stone farmhouse.
The excellent taste of its owners is reflected throughout the house in a wonderful
balance of antique furniture combined with modern conveniences, including wireless
ADSL internet access and air-conditioning.
Surrounded by rolling hills and olive groves, the property consists of two adjacent stone houses: the main house sleeps up to ten guests and a smaller guest house sleeps four. Various outdoor spaces include an elegantly furnished "loggia" with comfortable couches and open views over the countryside, a second outdoor living room and a pergola just off of the kitchen furnished with table and chairs for fourteen people. A few steps from the house is a panoramic swimming pool, another furnished patio and tennis court. The house is surrounded by a manicured garden of roses, lavender and other flowers.
- Entrance through first living room with a seating area for five, desk with computer, TV with satellite, CD player, radio, DVD
- Large living room with working fireplace and comfortable sofas to seat ten; double doors open to the covered loggia
- Large dining room with working fireplace; table seats 16
- Large kitchen (5-burner gas stove, oven, separate fridge/freezer, doublesinks, dishwasher, microwave, American coffee maker, kettle) with separate dining area (table seats 8), working fireplace; double doors open to dining patio and second outdoor living room
- Guest bathroom
- 1 air-conditioned double bedroom (king sized bed) with separate sitting room; en suite bathroom with tub and separate shower
Second floor (sleeps 8):
- 1 mater bedroom (king bed) with working fireplace; en suite bathroom with shower and double sinks
- 3 double bedrooms (joinable twin beds); en suite bathrooms with shower
- 1 double bedroom (joinable twin beds); en suite bathroom with shower; opens to garden
- 1 double bedroom (queen bed); en suite bathroom with shower; opens to garden
- Small living room with TV (no satellite)
- Laundry room with two washing machines and a dryer can also be accessed from the terrace
- Summer living room with comfortable sofas and armchairs and a panoramic view
- Dining terrace with table and chairs for 14; BBQ
- Panoramic swimming pool (20 x 40 ft); covered pergola and lounge chairs for 14; hammock
- Tennis court (synthetic and not floodlit)
- Covered parking for up to six cars
Amenities: WiFi, air-conditioned bedrooms, telephone, washer & dryer, PC, satellite TV, DVD, fax, window screens (bedrooms only), hair dryers
- Guardea (supermarket, banks, restaurants): 2.5 miles/4km
- Baschi (post office, bank, restaurants, shopping, etc.): 4.5 miles/7km
- Orvieto (train staion, all shops/services): 12.5 miles/20km
- Bagnoregio, Civita: 18.6 miles/30km
- Todi, Viterbo: 22 miles/35km
- Perugiam, Spoleto: 46.6 miles/75km
- Montepulciano: 48 miles/77km
- Pienza: 56 miles/90km
- Rome: 68 miles/110km
- Siena: 81 miles/130km
- Florence: 106 miles/170km
Prices on request; please inquire.