Villa Gelsomino's hillside location offers a spectacular view of the skyline of Todi and its medieval buildings, as well as proximity to Todi, Orvieto, Assisi, Spoleto, Gubbio and Perugia. A small village with grocer, butcher and bar is just two kilometers away, and you can buy fresh olive oil, eggs and chicken from a nearby farm. A selection of restaurants can be found in Todi (8 km) and Orvieto (about ½ hour away). Rome
airport is 90 km away.
Villa Gelsomino is set on 3.5
acres and includes gardens with fruit trees (guests are welcome to help themselves in season), olive trees,
rose bushes, specimen plantings and the climbing jasmine for which the villa is named.
This typical stone farmhouse has been beautifully restored and transformed into a comfortable, welcoming home equipped with all of the comforts. The outdoor space is exceptionally lovely, with three furnished patios to take advantage of the views, and a pergola with a five-meter table that seats 20-30 for dining al fresco.
Next to the large panoramic pool (14x7m) is a gazebo furnished with armchairs, sofas and tables with a splendid 360° view, changing room with indoor and outdoor shower and an outdoor kitchen with BBQ.
Interiors have been furnished with taste and elegance, creating an inviting atmosphere typical of a country manor house, with large fireplaces in the living and dining rooms and bathrooms adorned with ancient tiles.
Ground floor: all of the ground floor rooms have access to the garden and veranda
- Large double living room, elegantly furnished, with a large fireplace.
- Dining room with fireplace (seats 10)
- Country-style eat-in kitchen with extra-large oven, dishwasher, microwave
- Laundry room with washer & dryer
- 1 twin bedroom (joinable beds), en suite bathroom with shower, private access to the patio (ideal for guests with walking difficulties)
- Study with queen-sized sofabed; en suite bathroom with shower, computer with wifi
- 1 double bedroom with king-sized bed; en suite bathroom with shower
- 1 double bedroom with queen bed; en suite bathroom with tub
- 1 twin bedroom; en suite bathroom with shower
Third floor tower:
- 1 bedroom with king bed; en suite bathroom with shower
The bedrooms are of equal quality, so this villa is perfect for five couples. If guests use the study as a bedroom, six couples can be accommodated. All of the bathrooms are beautifully outfitted with antique tiles and modern fixtures.
The caretakers live in a separated cottage on the property and tend to the daily cleaning of the house (and on request also cooking service) as well as tending to the garden and the swimming pool.
Amenities: telephone/fax, intercom throughout the house, satellite TV, wireless internet access, air-conditioned bedrooms
- Nearest towns: Orvieto 41 km; Perugia 32 Km; Assisi 50 Km; Spoleto 60 Km; Gubbio 70 Km; Spello 40Km.
- Nearest international airport: Rome-Leonardo da Vinci- Ciampino at 130 Km.
- Nearest beach: 140 km.
- Nearest ferry port: Ancona and Porto Santo Stefano at 170 km.
- Nearest railway station: Todi- Ponte Rio at 9 Km.
- Nearest motorway junction: Todi- Ponte Rio at 8 km.