Near Todi, Umbria
Sleeps 10+2 in 5 bedrooms/6 bathrooms, with air-conditioned bedrooms, WiFi Internet access, pool, indoor
sauna, lovely gardens and marvelous views
Map | Daytrip
Ideas | More Photos | Guestbook | View
Villa Gelsomino's hillside location offers a spectacular view of Todi and easy proximity to Todi, Orvieto, Assisi, Spoleto, Gubbio and Perugia. A small village with grocer, butcher and bar is just two kilometers away, and you can buy olive oill, eggs and fresh chicken from a nearby farm. A selection of restaurants can be found in Todi (8 km) and Orvieto (about ½ hour away). Rome
airport is 90 km away.
Villa Gelsomino is a completely remodeled stone
farmhouse that is comfortable and welcoming. Three furnished
patios take advantage of the beautiful views and there is a pergola with a five-meter table for al fresco dining.
The villa is set on 3.5
acres and includes gardens with fruit trees (guests are welcome to help themselves in season), olive trees,
rose bushes, specimen plantings and the climbing jasmine for which the villa is named.
There is a large swimming pool (14 x 7 meters or 45 x 23 feet) with
a changing room and shower, an outdoor kitchenette with a BBQ and a furnished
gazebo with splendid 360-degree views.
- Large double living room, elegantly furnished, with a large fireplace.
- Dining room with fireplace (seats 10)
- Country-style eat-in kitchen with extra-large oven, dishwasher, microwave
- Laundry room with washing machine and additional refrigerator and oven
- 1 twin bedroom (joinable beds), en suite bathroom with shower, private access to the patio (This bedroom is ideal for guests with a walking problem.)
- Study with queen-sized sofabed and en suite bathroom with shower, computer, WI-FI
- 1 double bedroom with king-sized bed and en suite bathroom with shower
- 1 double bedroom with queen bed and en suite bathroom with tub
- 1 twin bedroom with large walk-in closet and en suite bathroom with shower.
- Sauna with shower
Third floor tower:
- 1 bedroom with king bed, en suite bathroom with extra large shower.
The bedrooms are of equal quality, so this villa is perfect for 5 couples. If guests use the study as a bedroom, 6 couples can be accommodated. All of the bathrooms are beautifully tiled with antique tiles and fitted with modern fixtures.
Amenities include telephone/fax, intercom system throughout the house, satellite TV and high speed wireless Internet access. Air conditioning in the bedrooms.