Sleeps 12+4 children in 6 bedrooms/7.5 bathrooms; air-conditioned,
infinity pool with Jacuzzi, beautiful views, WiFi, 500 sq. meters plus gym, wine cellar, outdoor Ping-Pong table, complimentary pizza night or welcome dinner
Map | More Photos | Video | Daytrip
Ideas | Customer Reviews | View
Villa Bellissima is a 300-year old farmhouse that was newly restored as a luxury farmhouse in the past two years. Set on an hill in a picturesque valley halfway between Rome and Florence, with extensive views over the Umbrian countryside, Villa Bellissima offers the best of both worlds — an idyllic rural setting, with modern amenities and a central location.
The property is accessed via an unpaved road of 2.5 miles. Guests are 15-20 minutes from charming Cetona and San Casciano dei Bagni, where you can pamper yourself at the
famous Fonteverde Spa. Visit Montepulciano, Orvieto,
Todi, Perugia and Siena. Villa Bellissima is eight miles from Orvieto, and guests can travel by train
to Rome in an hour. There is a quaint small hill village with all shops within hiking distance.
All of the bedrooms have fireplaces and wall safes; four have king-sized beds and two have two twins that can be joined as comfortable kings. Each bedroom has a large en suite bathroom; four have Jacuzzi tubs and walk-in showers; two have large walk-in showers but no tub. Every bathroom has a hair dryer. There is even an ice maker, which is unusual in Italy.
The owner is warm and welcoming. She lives on the adjacent private property, enhancing guests' experience with her vast knowledge of the area and her friendly hospitality. She is a professional guide and can organize many special services, including car and driver, babysitters, grocery deliveries, massage, cook or chef services and wine tastings. If you want to have a barbecue, she will be sure the local butcher gives you the best cuts of meat. She will arrange one free night for the cook to make pizzas in the wood-burning oven. The cellar is stocked with carefully selected wines in all price ranges. Enjoy a glass of Prosseco or a Bellini by the pool at sunset.
There are two newly acquired minivans on the property that guests can rent — a Mercedes Sprinter with 9 seats and new leather upholsterty and air-conditioning, and a Mercedes Vito Automatic that seats 8-9. Please inquire for details.
Ground floor (sleeps 6 + 1)
- Spacious and elegant living room with fireplace & comfortable seating, large flat-screen TV
- Separate dining room (table seats 20 and can be made up as one long table or several square tables, with beautiful linens for every combination)
- Country kitchen with two refrigerators, ice-maker, dishwasher & microwave
- Office with PC and extensive library in English
- 2 king bedrooms, each with en suite bathrooms with showers. One has a private terrace. The other opens onto the lovely courtyard.
- 1 twin bedroom with 2 twin beds + an extra daybed (bedroom sleeps 3) and en suite bathroom with shower, door to the garden.
- 1 powder room
- Laundry room with washer & dryer. The maid will do your personal laundry for a small tip.
Second floor (sleeps 6 + 3)
- 2 king bedrooms, en suite bathrooms each with shower and separate Jacuzzi tub
- 1 twin bedroom with extra loft that can sleep 2 children, extra daybed and en suite bathroom with shower.
- Large covered patio for dining al fresco with large table, fireplace, sink and BBQ.
- Beautiful large sheltered courtyard with views.
- Infinity swimming pool (18 x 6) with views
- Jacuzzi tub with cascading water into the pool. The water can be heated on request at the expense of guests. This also can warm the pool.
- Gym with exercise equipment & shower bathroom
- Wine cellar-constant temperature and beautifully stocked. Wine tastings are possible.
- Covered porch upstairs
- Private patio for master bedroom
- Vegetable and herb garden for guests
- Wood-burning pizza oven with jamine-covered pergola and rustic outdoor table
- Ping-Pong table (outdoor)
Amenities: central air conditioning, telephone, satellite TV, stereo/CD, wireless Internet acess, washer & dryer, guest safe in each bedroom.Villa Bellissima is a non-smoking property.