This traditional 18th century stone farmhouse is set on 70 acres of beautiful grounds, with olive groves, wooded hills, and stunning views of the medieval town of Cortona. This is an ideal location for guests who want to enjoy the peaceful, unspoiled Tuscan and Umbrian countryside, but also enjoy the convenience of being close to restaurants, local activities and historic sites. Villa La Foglia balances traditional rustic style with gracious elegance. The three-story, 6,000 square foot house is made of local stone and chestnut wood. Interiors are airy and spacious, perfect for large groups and families. Meticulously restored by local artisans, Villa La Foglia has floors of handmade Umbrian tile, and is filled with thoughtfully chosen antiques and custom-made furniture. All of its windows provide breathtaking views.
Second floor: Double height Library with fieldstone fireplace, leather couches, 46" Flat screen TV, desk, PC with broadband internet, printer/fax Queen Master bedroom with air conditioning with en suite bathroom with tub and separate shower Third floor: Queen master bedroom with reclaimed brick fireplace and air conditioning. with en suite bathroom with separate sunflower head shower, clawfoot tub, and 2 ceramic bowl sinks Mezzanine overlooking Library with bookcases & stools - a quiet area perfect for reading and relaxing Private outdoor patio with stone steps leading to garden, pergola & pool 4 acres of the property have been fenced in and the villa is accessible via an automatic gated entrance.
The heated swimming pool (6 x 12 meters) has a remote control safety cover. The pool area is travertina (stays cool in the heat), has a pool bathroom and stone walled outdoor shower with hot water. There is also a covered gazebo for shade, with outdoor tables and mini fridge.
- Entrance with double glass doors, coat rack and bench
- Guest bathroom with marble sink
- Spacious and beautifully furnished living room with 42” satellite TV, DVD/CD player, French doors with panoramic views
- Formal dining room with marble Renaissance fireplace and barreled ceiling
- Great working kitchen with farmer table and benches (seats 12), pantry, outdoor cantina, 3 sinks, island, outfitted with a built-in Miele coffee maker, Miele dishwasher, microwave/steamer, Samsung large refrigerator/freezer with water/ice dispenser, filtered well water, Ilve professional oven & stove, granite counters, cantina, ceiling fan
- Laundry room with washer & dryer, clothes line, ironing board
- 1 queen bedroom*, en suite bathroom with double sinks and shower; glass door leads to garden
- 1 twin bedroom*, en suite bathroom with tub/shower
- Year round outdoor dining for 12 in the covered pergola with outdoor kitchen with gas BBQ, sink, fridge, pizza oven
- 1 queen bedroom (with a/c) in cottage, accessed through pergola, en suite bathroom with shower
- 1 twin bedroom (air-conditioned), en suite bathroom with tub/shower
* Due to the structure of the house, these two bedrooms are partially below ground. As a result, they stay cool and require only ceiling fans.
- Cathedral ceiling library in a former tobacco tower with fieldstone fireplace, leather couches, 46” flat screen TV, desk, PC with wireless broadband internet, printer/fax
- 1 queen bedroom (air-conditioned), en suite bathroom with tub and separate shower
- 1 queen bedroom (air-conditioned) with reclaimed brick fireplace, en suite bathroom with separate shower, clawfoot tub, double ceramic sinks
- Mezzanine overlooking the library with bookcases and stools, a quiet area perfect for relaxing
- Private outdoor patio with stone steps leading to the garden, pergola and pool
Four acres of the property have been fenced in and the villa is accessible via an automatic gate.
Amenities: air-conditioning, washer & dryer, fireplace, telephone, WiFi, satellite TV, DVD, stereo, telephone, window screens, crib, hairdryer, microwave, espresso machine, American coffee machine