Sleeps 22+4 in 11 bedrooms/10 bathrooms, with air-conditioning, pool, indoor hot tub, pergola, tennis court, screening room; staff and cook available, wedding villa; flexible pricing and layoutworks for 12-26 guests and can combine with adjacent units to sleep up to 39 guests — CUSTOMER & STAFF FAVORITE!
Map | Daytrip Ideas | Customer Reviews | More Photos | Bedrooms | Floor Plans
Slideshow | Video | Wonderful
Wedding Site | Buonvisi
Estate in the News | View
Villa Buonvisi is a 16th-century manor with its own formal garden, set on a rise on three hundred acres of vineyards,
olive trees and woods. Comfortably elegant and well equipped, the villa features a large swimming pool, tennis court and wonderful large spaces to gather both indoors and out. Although the setting feels rural, the location is central for day trips.
Across the street is a a favorite coffee bar / gelateria and from there are two bus lines to Lucca and Pisa.
Lucca is famous for its thick medieval walls, which were filled with earth and now provide a peaceful promenade where people stroll and bicycle. Lucca's
streets are lined with elegant shops and charming restaurants, and an
antiques market is held on the last weekend of each month. Some of Italy's finest
villas and gardens, many of which are open to the public, are in the surrounding hills. Explore the legendary medieval hill towns of Tuscany, each with its own
unique personality. Hike in the Cinqueterre, visit the white marble quarries of
Carrara, or relax at a nearby thermal spa. Lucca is just 60 minutes from Florence,
30 minutes from Pisa, and 20 minutes from the chic beach at Forte dei Marmi and
Lido di Camaiore.
Villa Buonvisi is a 500-year old villa renovated
to a high level of beauty and comfort. The spaciousness of the house offers groups of family or friends a place to gather together or to find a quiet place to be alone. Villa Buonvisi is great for all ages. Young children will enjoy the extensive grounds, while teenagers and young adults can go to the beach or play tennis. Relax by the pool or go shopping in Lucca or at the famous open-air market in Forte dei Marmi. Art lovers can explore Tuscan treasures and foodies will enjoy the mane restaurants in the area.
This is a perfect setting for a
wedding or gathering of family and friends who are looking for an authentic experience
in beautiful surroundings or who want to celebrate a special occasion. The villa is furnished with tables, chairs, and dinner service for 50 people, which keeps catering costs down. The villa manages to be elegant and yet child-friendly with a castle-like feel.
Ten of the bedrooms have lovely marble en suite bathrooms. All of the bedrooms have wardrobes and most also have desks. The eleventh bedroom has neither air conditioning nor private bathroom but can share a bathroom with tub with one other bedroom.
Ground floor (sleeps 4):
- Spacious furnished living
room with large working fireplace
- Separate dining room
- Library with PC, fax, printer and WiFi
- Powder room
- Tuscan kitchen with
open fireplace, deep fryer, gas and electric ovens, microwave, vegetable washer,
slicer, industrial dishwasher
- Extra room for the pantry and extra refrigerator and freezer.
- 1 king-bedded room (#1 gold) with en suite bathroom with shower
- 1 king-bedded room (#2) with en suite bathroom with shower over tub
floor (sleeps 8):
- Large music salon with original 19th-century
- 1 suite (#3): queen-bedded room, frescoed salon with
sofa, round dining table, satellite TV, and en suite bathroom with 3 sinks, shower,
corner Jacuzzi tub
- 1 room (#4 green) with separable queen bed (twins on request) with en suite bathroom with shower.
- 1 king-bedded room (#5 pink) en suite bathroom with
- 1 king bedded room (#6 blue) with en suite bathroom with shower and separate tub
Third floor (sleeps 12+4):
- 1 double room (#7) with a separable queen bed (twins on request) and extra queen sofabed. The bathroom can be en suite bathroom by closing the hall door or it can be shared with bedroom #11. The bathroom has tub with hand-held shower and a low ceiling not good for tall people.
- 1 king-bedded room (#8) with en suite bathroom with shower.
4-person suite (#9) with 2 queen beds plus a queen sofabed, en suite bathroom with
both shower and separate tub
- 1 queen-bedded room (#10) with en suite bathroom with shower over tub.
- 1 extra
twin-bedded room (#11) that can share the bathroom across the hall with bedroom #7
- Large room with TV, screening room & pool table, and some excercise equipment
- Beautiful large swimming pool 80 x 100 feet (25 x 35 meters) with lounge chairs
- BBQ and outdoor pizza oven
- Separate wood-burning oven
- Indoor hot tub in a greenhouse
- Tables for dining al fresco under a beautiful grape arbor pergola
- Tennis court
- Tennis table
- 5 bicycles are available
Two apartments in the farm buildings at the far end of the pool can accommodate 10 addional guests. Vera One (sleeps 4) and Vera Three (sleeps 6) share a separate pool. Guests can rent these accommodations that are all in easy walking distance for up to a maximum of 36 people and larger groups can be accommodated nearby in other villas or hotels, also in walking distance. Since Vera One has a patio near the large pool (nicely screened with oleanders) groups desiring complete privacy should consider renting Vera One along with Villa Buonvisi.
- Lucca: 5km/3.1mi
- Torre del Lago (opera festival): 29km/18mi
- Versilian Riviera, with shopping and famous Wednesday market: 29km/18mi
- Carrara marble quarries: 59km/36.5mi
- Pisa: 13km/8mi
- Florence: 73km/45.5mi
- Siena: 123km/76.5mi
- Cinque Terre: 87km/54mi
- Closest airport (Pisa): 20km/12.5mi
- Closest rail station (Lucca): 5km/3.1mi