Villa Buonvisi is set on a rise on three hundred acres of vineyards,
olive trees and woods. The English-speaking owners extend
incomparable hospitality to their guests. Although the setting feels rural, the location is central for day trips,
just four kilometers from Lucca and within walking distance of a small village.
Across the street is a a favorite coffee bar / gelateria and from there are two bus lines to Lucca and Pisa.
Lucca is famous for its thick, intact double medieval walls, which were filled with earth and now provide a peaceful promenade where people stroll and bicycle. Lucca's
streets are lined with elegant shops and charming restaurants, and an
antiques market is held on the last weekend of each month. Some of Italy's finest
villas and gardens, many of which are open to the public, are in the surrounding hills. Explore the legendary medieval hill towns of Tuscany, each with its own
unique personality. Hike in the Cinqueterre, visit the white marble quarries of
Carrara, or relax at a nearby thermal spa. Lucca is just 60 minutes from Florence,
30 minutes from Pisa, and 20 minutes from the chic beach at Forte dei Marmi and
Lido di Camaiore.
Villa Buonvisi is a 500-year old villa renovated
to a very high level of beauty and comfort. The vaulted stone ceiling of the cellar
gives evidence of its history and of the original 12th-century tower that stood
here before the villa was built. Villa Buonvisi has been written up in Condé
Nast Traveler and many other publications. It is a perfect setting for a
wedding or gathering of family and friends who are looking for an authentic experience
in beautiful surroundings or who want to celebrate a special occasion. The villa is furnished with tables, chairs, and dinner service fro 50 people, which keeps catering costs down. The villa manages to be elegant and yet child-friendly with a castle-like feel.
Smaller groups can enjoy the same experience at a lower cost by renting just the ground floor or the first and second floors. Ten of the bedrooms have lovely marble en suite bathrooms. All of the bedrooms have wardrobes and most also have desks.
Ground floor (sleeps 4):
- Spacious, elegantly furnished living
room with large fireplace
- Formal dining room
- Tuscan kitchen with
open fireplace, deep fryer, gas and electric ovens, microwave, vegetable washer,
slicer, industrial dishwasher
- Very large pantry
- Library with PC, fax, and WiFi
- 2 powder rooms, one for guests and one for staff.
- 1 king-bedded room (#1 gold) with en suite bathroom with shower
- 1 king-bedded room (#2) with en suite bathroom with shower over tub
floor (sleeps 8):
- Large music salon with original 19th-century
- 1 suite (#3): queen-bedded room, frescoed salon with
sofa, round dining table, satellite TV, and en suite bathroom with 3 sinks, shower,
corner Jacuzzi tub
- 1 room(#4) with separable queen bed (twins on request) with en suite bathroom with shower.
- 1 king-bedded room (#5 pink) en suite bathroom with
- 1 king bedded room (#6) with en suite bathroom with shower and separate tub
Third floor (sleeps 10+6):
- 1 quadruple room (#7) with a separable queen bed (twins on request) and queen sofabed. The bathroom can be en suite bathroom by closing the hall door or it can be shared with bedroom #11. The bathroom has tubwith hand held shower and a low ceiling not good for tall people..
- 1 king-bedded room (#8) with en suite bathroom with shower.
6-person suite (#9) with 2 queen beds plus a queen sofabed, en suite bathroom with
both shower and separate tub.
- 1 queen-bedded room (#10) with en suite bathroom with shower over tub.
- 1 extra
twin-bedded room (#11) that can share the bathroom across the hall with bedroom #7
- Large room with TV, screening room & pool table, excercise equipment
- Laundry with washer and dryer
- Wine cellar with both estate
wine and a large selection of fine wines available for purchase by the villa guests. Wine tastings (paired with cheeses) are available on request.
Outdoors is a beautiful large swimming pool 80 x 100 feet (25 x 30 meters) with lounge
chairs, BBQ, outdoor pizza oven, separate wood-burning oven, antique bar near the pool, gardens and a beautiful grape arbor pergola furnished with tables
for dining al fresco.
Cardinale is located uphill on the estate and has its own entrance, grounds and pool, as well as the Vera One (sleeps 4) and Vera Three (sleeps 6) Apartments, to accommodate addditional guests. These apartments also have their own pool to share. Guests can rent the entire estate for up to a maximum of 50 people.