In the heart of the beautiful Chianti Hills, this wonderful country house is set on a thirty-acre rolling patchwork of olive
groves, woods and fields, surrounded by spectacular views of the beloved Tuscan
landscape. This is a perfect spot for an Italian idyll, offering quiet relaxation in a secluded
natural setting as well as a convenient home base for explorations — from the historic cities of Florence, Siena, Lucca, and Pisa to the smaller towns
of San Gimignano and Volterra and the tiny villages along the ancient Chianti
wine road. Facilities for golf and horseback riding are a short drive away. Shops
and services are found in the nearby towns of Montespertoli, San Casciano and
Tavernelle and there are smaller but wonderful restaurants in Luccardo and Fiano.
The house is surrounded
by grass and trees, and has a lovely fenced pool (12 x 6 meters; 39 x 79 ft) and furnished deck with lounge chairs and sun umbrellas. A large terrace provides a cool
spot for outdoor dining under a shaded loggia next to the kitchen. Guests have a choice of dining together in the dining room or outside on the terrace.
Casa delle Campane strikes a balance
between rustic and elegant. Terracotta floors, whitewashed walls and beamed
ceilings accent its spotless, light-filled interiors, and carefully chosen traditional
furnishings and chandeliers complement the building's immaculate restoration.
- Living room with fireplace
- Separate dining room open to the kitchen
- Kitchen combines traditional ambience with first-rate
amenities, including dishwasher and microwave - layout is ideal for cooking class
- Small study
- Utility room with washer, dryer, and extra fridge/freezer
- 1 twin bedroom with adjacent bedroom with shower.
- 1 smaller bedroom/study with end-on-end beds (can not be joined). This room can be accessed from the garden or through the other ground floor bedroom. The bedroom has an en suite bathroom with shower.
- 4 air-conditioned bedrooms, each with en suite bathroom. Two of the rooms have king beds and two of the bedrooms have separable queen beds that means can be turned into queens or twins.
The ground floor bedrooms are naturally cool but not air-conditioned. They have fans but and window screens. Four of the bedrooms
have twin beds that can be made up as queens on request. The other bedrooms have
king-sized beds. Upstairs bedroom windows are screened. Four bathrooms have shower and
two have tubs. The villa is centrally heated, and provided with satellite TV,
CD/stereo, phone, fax, WiFi, security gate and BBQ. A separate small barn on the estate houses an English- speaking couple that are the concierges for the guests of the farmhouse.
Although the farmhouse can sleep up to 12 guests, we think it is best for a maximum of five couples, depending on the season, because one bedroom has the beds arranged end-on-end rather than side-by-side. It is fine for singles.
Note: The house is reached by a 0.43 mile unpaved road with some swales built in it to keep the road from washing out. It is not a dangerous or long road, but it is best to drive slowly and to avoid low-slung rental cars.
- Closest store 3.5 km (2.1 mi) 5 min
- Closest supermarket 15 min
- Closest restaurant 3.5 km (2.1 mi) 5 min
- Tavarnelle Val di Pesa 8 km (4.8 mi)
- Luccardo 3.5 km (2.1 mi) 5 min
- San Casciano 15 min
- Montespertoli 15 min
- Florence 33 km (20 mi) 25 min
- Siena 53 km (31.8 mi) 45 min
- Florence airport 36 km (21.6 mi)
- Pisa Airport 77 km (46.2 km)