This is the perfect starting point to explore Tuscany. Located in the heart of Chianti, Borgo dei Fiori is just 20 minutes from Florence, 40 minutes from Siena, one hour from Lucca; and all of the beautiful hill towns of Chianti are within easy reach.
The closest village, Mercatale Val di Pesa, has shops and restaurants and is just five minutes away by car (2km) or 15 minutes walking across the fields. There are several wonderful restaurants within ten minutes' drive (you will find a list of recommendations and helpful hints about the region in your apartment), and facilities for horseback riding are nearby (3km).
Completely restored in 2011, Borgo dei Fiori was once an old mill and a barn, and is surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and fields of sunflowers. A short drive along a country lane lined with cypresses (300 meter dirt road) leads to the property. All of the apartments have an outdoor area for al fresco dining, and there is also a large common area with lounges and umbrellas where large groups can gather together. Each accommodation has been furnished with love and care, with Tuscan-colored walls, terracotta floors, original art and antiques, and beautiful fabrics.
All of the bedrooms are air-conditioned. The shared pool is located among the olive trees. There is a laundry room with washing machine in the main building, accessible to all guests.
The owners live in a separate villa across the garden; they are fluent in English and are happy to help guests during their stay.
Units 1, 2 and 3 are located in the larger building (the old mill):
UNIT 1 (Sleeps 6; 110 sqm/1,184 sq ft)
- Ground floor: large kitchen, living room with open fireplace, bathroom with shower; sofabed for two available at extra cost
- Second floor: 1 double bedroom, 2 twin bedrooms (beds can be joined), 1 bathroom with shower, 1 bathroom with jacuzzi tub
UNIT 2 (Sleeps 6; 110 sqm/1,184 sq ft)
- Ground floor: entrance in the living room (with piano), additional small living room with fireplace, large kitchen; sofabed for two available at extra cost
- Second floor: 1 double bedroom, 2 twin bedrooms (neds can be joined), 1 bathroom with shower, 1 bathroom with jacuzzi tub
UNIT 3 (Sleeps 2; 45 sqm/484 sq ft)
- Ground floor: living room with fireplace, kitchen, 1 twin bedroom, bathroom with jacuzzi; ; sofabed for two available at extra cost
Units 4 and 5 are located in the smaller building (the barn):
UNIT 4 (Sleeps 4; 100 sqm/1,076 sq ft)
- Ground floor: loggia, living room with fireplace, dining area, kitchen, small bathroom; sofabed for two available at extra cost
- Second floor: one double bedroom (king bed 180cm x 200cm) with terrace, one twin bedroom (beds can be joined), bathroom with shower
UNIT 5 (Sleeps 4; 110 sqm)
- Ground floor: living room with sofa bed, large kitchen, small bathroom
- Second floor: 1 double bedroom with terrace, 1 twin bedroom (beds can be joined), bathroom with shower
Amenities: air-conditioned bedrooms, WiFi, satellite TV, radio, microwave/convenction oven, fridge, American coffee maker, toaster, BBQ, hair dryers.
- Mercatale Val di Pesa: 5 minutes
- Florence: 15-20 minutes
- Greve in Chianti: 25 minutes
- San Gimignano: 30 minutes
- Siena: 50 minutes
- Montalcino, Pienza: 1.5 hours
- Pisa, Lucca: 1 hour
- Porto Ercole: 1.5 hours