Bocca di Leone consists of three luxury apartments in an exclusive building in the most fashionable neighborhood in central Rome. Leone #2 and Leone #3 are located on the same floor, so they work equally well together or individually. Just a three-minute stroll from the Spanish Steps, the location is in the heart of Rome's haute couture shopping area and within easy reach of Rome's major attractions. A short walk brings you to the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Piazza del Popolo or the Villa Borghese. Transport by bus, taxi, or subway is a moment away, putting all of Rome at your doorstep. The neighborhood is lively but elegant, with many famous restaurants and trattorie. At the end of via Bocca di Leone you will find grocery shops and market stalls, with fresh fruit, vegetables and fish available every morning. Private car and drivers are always available outside the nearby Hotel d'Inghilterra.
Leone #1 (Sleeps 6): This elegant and refined apartment was the home of the owner until 2011. Large windows overlook the rooftops of Rome and the apartment is decorated with antique furniture and paintings and has terracotta tile floors.
- Large living & dining room with a comfortable sofa, antique dining table (seats 8) illuminated by a crystal chandelier, four comfortable ottoman chairs, a desk and two antique consoles. A flat-screen TV mounted in the corner receives some English news channels. Four large windows overlook the ancient Roman rooftops, the Princes Torlonia Palazzo, the Hotel d'Inghilterra and Via Bocca di Leone.
- Next to the living room, a long hallway opens to a large double bedroom accented with Pompeii red walls, with a large armoire, antique dresser, small armchair and a large bookcase with an interesting selection of literature and art books. The beds can be made up as twins or together as a dual-king.
- Down the hallway is a marble bathroom with sink, toilet, shower and bidet.
- Further down the hallway is the kitchen, with marble countertops, five-burner gas stove, washer & dryer, dishwasher, small refrigerator with freezer, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine, microwave; floor-to-ceiling windows overlook a quiet courtyard.
- Behind the kitchen is a spacious new bathroom; one part has a small sink and toilet and the other has double sinks and a large glass-walled modern shower.
- Continuing down the hall you will find the smallest bedroom, with a large single bed and a second large single bed with safety rails on a sleeping loft, accessed by a ladder.
- At the end of the hallway, a door leads to the master bedroom with en suite bathroom, a desk and armchair, and floor-to-ceiling closets. French doors open to a small balcony filled with plants and overlooking the courtyard. The bed can be divided as twins or made up together as a dual-king. The en suite marble bathroom has a sink, toilet, bidet and bathtub with shower
Leone #2 (Sleeps 4; 1,200 sq ft): This is the smallest but also the most intimate of the three apartments. It can be rented together with Leone #3 because they are adjoined. The flow is from the entry to the living room or down the hall to one bedroom. At the end of the entry hall is a large window overlooking Via Bocca di Leone.
- The door on the left leads to the first bedroom, with twin beds than can be joined as a dual-king; a third bed can be added on request. A large closet leads to the bathroom with a tub equipped with a fixed-head shower as well as a hand-held one. A large window overlooks Via Bocca di Leone.
- The door on the right of the entry hall leads to the living & dining room with a huge fireplace from the owner's ancestral home in Puglia; the eco-friendly gas unit can be easily operated by a switch between the window and the TV. Two white sofas and a large armchair are grouped by the fireplace. A dining table can be extended to seat up to eight. There is a TV with satellite reception and a DVD player that can read American as well as European format DVD's. Off the living room is a small hall that leads to either the second bedroom or the kitchen.
- The second bedroom has a queen-sized bed and a studio with floor-to-ceiling window, a small desk and a guest safe; en suite bathroom with tub with fixed shower as well as hand-held one, WC and small sink. This bedroom has a private balcony overlooking the courtyard, accessible also from the studio.
- Fully equipped kitchen with marble countertops, original 18th-century tiles and waxed black stone walls and floor, equipped with a four-burner stovetop, small oven, dishwasher, small refrigerator/freezer, Nespresso coffee maker, microwave. A sunny breakfast area is located next to the kitchen on a glass-envlosed veranda that overlooks the courtyard. The laundry is accessible from this area.
Leone #3 (Sleeps 6; 1,722 sq ft): Spacious, quiet, elegant apartment on the same floor as Leone #2. Floors are tile throughout and several large mirrors give a sense of space.
- Entry hall with large mahoghany sideboard from the owner's ancestral home in Puglia. From the entry, you enter the living room or go down the hallway to the laundry, the kitchen, the small bedroom and the large second bedroom. The hallway has floor-to-ceiling French doors that open over a railing onto the internal courtyard.
- Living & dining room with four large windows with elaborate marble frames that overlook Via Borgognona towards the Spanish Steps, Hotel d'Inghilterra, via Bocca di Leone and Palazzo Torlonia. Two large white sofas and two armchairs are grouped together, and hand-hewn ceiling beams are exposed to display the room as it was originally designed. A sparkling chandelier of Bohemian glass hangs from them. There are lovely antique pieces, including a sideboard, a desk and a long dining table that seats eight. A huge Persian carpet and gold-leaf framed mirrors and paintings create an elegant atmosphere. There is a TV and DVD player that can read American or European format DVD's.
- Next to the living room is the master bedroom with queen-sized bed, two comfortable armchairs, antique desk and a large Persian rug. An en suite closet area is perfect for storing your luggage, and the closet leads to the bathroom with a tub equipped with a fixed shower head as well as a hand-held one.
- Entering the hallway, on the left is a nook containing a washing machine nad heater, and on the right is the kitchen with four-burner stove top, oven, dishwasher, small refrigerator/freezer, toaster, Nespresso coffee maker.
- The next bedroom is the smallest, with a single bed, a small table and a second single bed with safety rails in a loft that is accessible by a ladder.
- Directly across the hall is a bathroom with a small shower.
- The second large bedroom has two twin beds that can be made up together as a dual-king. A large window opens onto a long balcony overlooking an internal courtyard. The dressing and closet area is well designed with space to store luggage. The closet area leads to a bathroom with a large walk-in shower, WC and a sink with good countertop space. There is also a guest safe.
Amenities: satellite TV, DVD, stereo, telephone, washing machine, heated towel racks, unlimited ADSL high-speed Internet access. Please see price page for all details about what is included or extra in the prices.