Torre Fantini is set on a hilltop amid the rolling green landscape on the edge of the Foresti Casentinesi national park, on the border between Emilia-Romagna and Tuscany. In fact, this property was once a part of Tuscany! The charming village of Tredozio is within easy walking distance, and the location is ideal for exploring central Italy's top regions of Emilia Romagna, Tuscany and Umbria.
Torre Fantini is an old farm tower belonging to the family of the same name, who live nearby in Palazzo Fantini, just less than a mile away. A magical garden surrounds the 17th-century Palazzo. It belongs to the association of Grandi Giardini Italiani (Great Italian Gardens) and is open to the public for tours, and for courtyard concerts during the summer and for weddings.
A ten-minute walk brings you from Torre Fantini to the village center. Tredozio is deliciously quiet, yet has a number of inviting restaurants, most notably the Mulino di San Michele, housed in an old water mill. A charming little river runs through the village. Shops include a couple of grocery stores, an excellent produce shop, coffee bars, a butcher, chemist, bank with ATM and a post office. There is also a small information point from which you can rent mountain bikes during the summer, and bus service to Faenza and Forlì. And there is a tennis club nearby, just five minutes' walk from Torre Fantini.
Tuscan Romagna blends elements from the rich cultures of both Tuscany and Emilia-Romagna. Food and wine lovers could not find them themselves a better spot, lovers of history and culture have a wealth of small and larger nearby towns to explore and lovers of nature will feel they are driving through a rural paradise. Add traditional crafts, from cheese and wine making to fine ceramics and a long tradition of skilled leather work, plus the chance to catch cultural events and traditional festivals, and to take language or cooking courses and you have something for everyone – except those in search of bright city lights.
A paved road leads from the main road (strada statale) to the house. The property is partially fenced and surrounded by neighbours’ fields. There are a very few houses not far from the Torre Fantini, but you will not be disturbed by their presence.
Torre Fantini offers a stay in a delightful farmhouse, remodelled in the traditional manner, with terrace views over a lovely stretch of countryside. Each of the three double bedrooms is attractively furnished in a refined rustic style with beamed ceilings and cotto toscano floors, satellite TV and small refrigerator. Each bedroom has its own bathroom with shower. At this altitude, the nights are always cool so air conditioning is not necessary; but, just in case, fans can be provided on request.
Ground Floor: All of the rooms on this floor have French windows and access to the garden.
- Living room with view over the valley
- Kitchen with dining area, oven, microwave, toaster, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, filter coffee maker, electric table top stove with 4 burners, Italian "Moka" coffee maker, washing machine
- 1 bathroom with shower
- Back garden furnished with table and chairs
An external staircase (15 steps) leads to the second floor.
- Entrance hall: on the right a studio/reading room with a decorative fireplace, window screens, a sofa bed for one extra adult or two children. En-suite private bathroom with shower.
- 1 double bedroom, La Vecchia Torr, with en-suite bathroom with shower and view over the valley. Bed size 160x190 cm (queen).
All the windows of this room and the bathroom have window screens.
Internal stairs (12 steps) lead to the third floor.
- 1 double bedroom, Le Ginestre, with divisible queen bed. Bed size 160x190 cm. En-suite bathroom with shower and view over the garden and hills. One window in this room has a screen.
- 1 double bedroom,
Il Nido dei Rondoni, with divisible queen bed. Bed size 160x190 cm. En-suite bathroom with shower and view over the valley. All of the windows of this room and bathroom have window screens.
- Parking for 4 cars covered by a pergola of vines
- Panoramic swimming pool (16 ft x 32 ft) and pool area furnished with lounge chairs and umbrellas
- Outdoor shower (hot/cold water) next to the pool
- Shaded pergola with table and chairs overlooking the valley
- Small one room building housing an additional dining area
- Terrace garden furnished with small tables and chairs overlooking the valley
Amenities: central heat, hair dryer and satellite TV in each bedroom, crib and high chair available, iron and ironing board, BBQ
Torre Fantini is a non-smoking property.
- Public tennis court: 300 meters
- Vineyards for wine tasting 10-25 km
- Horseback riding 25 km
- Golf course 28 km
- Beach near Ravenna 80 km
- Modigliana 9 km
- Portico di Romagna 16 km
- Brisighella 21 km
- San Benedetto in Alpe ( National Park ) 25 km
- Faenza 28 km
- Forlì 45 km
- Ravenna 69 km
- Bologna 75 lm
- Florence 80 km
- Modena 128 km
- Parma 182 km