This is a love story that is easy to understand — how a noble Swiss family came to Lake Como at the turn of the century and fell in love with the magical landscape, and how they decided to build their Italian holiday home on its shores. Villa Larianella still belongs to the same family; in 2008 they completely renovated and carefully restored the villa to its original splendor, retaining its many original features and balancing them harmoniously with modern comforts.
Located between the famous Villa d’Este hotel in Cernobbio and George Clooney’s residence in Laglio, Villa Larianella sits directly on the lake in a beautiful landscaped garden setting, with a private dock and a panoramic terrace with a stunning lake view. The owners have tastefully furnished and embellished the décor with elegant furnishings, fine tapestries and fabrics, beautiful paintings, and period antiques. Outdoors, the garden and terrace are ideal for candlelit dinners or relaxing afternoons with a book. The terrace (760 sq ft) faces the lake and you can enjoy the view or sunbathe in privacy. A new Jacuzzi spa is located in the garden where guests also have a Ping-Pong table and table football. Guests can equally well relax at home and enjoy la dolce vita or have easy access to all the sights of Lake Como.
The convenient location, just a few kilometers from Cernobbio and 7 km (4.4 mi) from the center of Como, and easy access to public transportation (bus stop is 165 yds from the villa; ferry pier is 440 yds) makes Villa Larianella an ideal destination for touring Lake Como. From the private dock, guests can use a rental boat or the comfortable water-taxis to visit the Villa d'Este as well as Menaggio, Bellagio, Tremezzo and the charming villages of Lake Como. An 18-hole golf course is just three km (1.8 mi) away. See the link above for all our daytrip idease.
Villa Larianella is on three floors with 6,500 square feet of interior space (plus basement) set on half an acre of walled gardens. The small loop road is close to the back of the villa so some noise is possible, but villa has special triple-glazed windows and most of the bedrooms face the lake which minimizes any intrusion. In addition, the road behind the villa loops off the main road and is without trucks in an exclusively villa area without loud businesses of any kind in the immediate neighborhood. The garden is walled on three sides. There is a private pedestrian underpass to the parking lot on the other side of the road which is in front of the caretaker's and owners houses..
- Double living room with period furnishings; French doors open to the terrace
- Spacious dining room with fireplace; French doors open to the terrace
- Well-equipped modern kitchen with five-burner stove, dishwasher, espresso machine, icemaker, microwave, microwave, toaster, coffee maker
- Second kitchen, fully equipped, with its own terrace at the side (25 sq meters/269.09778 square ft) with Weber BBQ. The kitchen offers 40 types of wine and champagne available for purchase, and a separate refrigerator for beer (4 types).
- 1 bathroom with shower
Second floor: (sleeps 8+1)
- Study; extra bed (single size) can be added on request; lake view (please note that this room is accessed through glass French doors)
- 4 queen bedrooms with lake views
- 1 marble bathroom with tub
- 1 marble bathroom with Jacuzzi tub
- 1 large bathroom with double sinks, Jacuzzi claw-foot tub and separate stall shower with steam and water massage
- 1 bathroom with shower and hydromassage; overlooks the terrace
Mansard (sleeps 8+1, no lake view from this floor):
- 1 king (cannot be separated) bedroom with adjoining single bed
- 3 twin bedrooms (beds cannot be joined)
- 1 large bathroom with shower and Jacuzzi tub
- 1 bathroom with shower
The listed price is for 16 people maximum. Two other beds may be added at extra cost and only with the owner's approval. Also approval is needed for groups with more than three children. All bed sizes are translated to the closest American equivalent because none of the antique frames are standardized. Mattresses are modern.
- Laundry room with washing machine
- Wine cellar, with additional wines to purchase as well as olive oil and salami, and a tasting area with sofas.
- Large terrace (750 sq ft) with lake view and BBQ
- Private dock
- Ping-Pong table
- Professional table football
- Parking for 4 cars on the other side of the road*
- Outdoor Jacuzzi spa (heated) for six, located in the garden, with a panoramic view
- 18 foot 40 hp motorboat is kept at the villa and is available for rent by guests.
- A new swimming pool will be ready by the end of April, with roman steps and hydro massage. It will be heated and can be covered during the night to keep it warm.
Rental boats (can be rented for as little as one day):
- For up to 6p - 5.5 meters, 40 hp. No license required.
- For up to 8p - 6.5 meters, 150 hp. International driving license is required. Can be rented with or without driver.
* Guests with real walking difficulties note that the parking area is not on the same level as the villa entrance. The underpass has approximately 10 steps down and then up again.
Amenities: full air conditioning in bedrooms and living room, fireplace, washing machine, satellite plasma TV/DVD, stereo/CD, WIFI Internet
Villa d'Este hotel: 1.5 km (0.9 mi.)
Motorway: 2 km (1.2 mi .)
Lugano: 25 km (15 mi.)
Milano: 50 km (30 mi.)
Malpensa Airport: 60 km (36 mi.)
This is a simulated version of the new pool.
We will add real photos as soon as it is finished.