Villa Contento offers the best of lake and city! Located just above the lake, the property is set in one of the prettiest and most elegant residential areas in Lugano. Surrounded by a well tended private garden, this fully air-conditioned villa has unforgettable views as well as modern conveniences. A shared indoor pool and a sauna are located in an adjacent building 10 meters (10 yards) away.
Enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of azure waters dotted with white sailboats and surrounded by snow-capped mountains. The stylish interior is well furnished and comfortable. It's just a five-minute walk to shops and restaurants, so it is even possible to stay at Villa Contento without a car. Bus and ferry stops are located just a few yards away.
The location is wonderfully convenient for touring the lake region of both Switzerland and Italy. Lake Lugano is smaller than Lake Como, Maggiore and Garda and is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Switzerland. Lugano is the lake's main city and is the Italian-speaking capital of the Ticino region. A welcoming town with a Mediterranean flair, this modern and trendy city retains much of its Italian heritage combined with Swiss organization and efficiency. Lugano is a town of parks and flowers, villas, promenades, sophisticated shopping and dining, water and mountain sports. The nearby valleys are quite interesting, with small villages and many walking trails to explore.
There are 22 steps from the parking level to the entrance; therefore, we don't recommend Villa Contento for guests with walking difficulties.
Just a few yards away is a shared heated indoor pool, a sauna and laundry room. There are only six units in the building, so the pool area is very private. Although it is not necessary to have a car, there is parking available if you have one.
Villa Contento (2,200 sq ft) is built on three floors:
Ground floor :
- 1 twin bedroom with en suite bathroom (tub)
- 1 single bedroom with additional pull-out bed and en suite bathroom (tub)
Second floor (14 steps) :
- Bright living area furnished with comfortable sofas, armchairs, beautiful artwork and fine antiques
- Dining area with panoramic balcony
- Small but fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and microwave; opens towards the garden with BBQ and outdoor spaces ideal for relaxing and dining al fresco
- 1 master bedroom with large en suite bathroom (tub)
Lower level (basement; not air-conditioned):
- 1 very simple single bedroom with bathroom (shower)
Amenities: flat screen TV/DVD; stereo/CD; wireless high-speed internet; air-conditioned rooms (except basement); washer and dryer; telephone (local calls only); crib available on request
- Como, Italy: 34 km (21 mi)
- Menaggio, Italy: 27 km (17 mi)
- Milano, Italy: 79 km (49 mi)
- Zurich, CH: 220 km (137 mi)
- Geneva, CH: 445 km (277 mi)
- Berne, CH: 278 km (173 mi)
- Malpensa Airport: 89 km (53 mi)
Lugano has its own airport offering daily connections with Zurich and Geneva.
By train, take international train connections to Lugano. Lugano-Milano by train is 1 hour.
- Lugano Festival: April-June. Features great classical music, with evening concerts and world-famous guest soloists and directors.
- Jazz Festival: June-July. Free open-air concerts offer the best of contemporary music with world-famous artists.