This picturesque, petite villa is located on one of the most scenic and sought-after streets in Villefranche-sur-Mer. From here, it’s a pleasant 10-minute walk to the old village, just down the hill. L’Amoureuse is actually half of a villa, or what is called a villa apartment. It has been completely remodeled, including the kitchen and baths. The decor is a tasteful mix of antiques, beautiful oriental carpets, lovely lighting including antique chandeliers, original art and crafts from around the world, and new furniture, especially good, comfortable beds. Although the décor is artistic and creative, the real show stopper is the breathtaking view that can be enjoyed from all parts of the villa. In addition to the captivating views, outdoor pleasures include a lush, fragrant garden of jasmine, gardenias and bougainvillea, as well as Mediterranean herbs you can use for cooking. Church bells in the distance mark the time from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. Although the villa is very central and within walking distance of everything, it is also quiet and private.
The living/dining area, bedrooms and office all have large French doors that open onto a large stone terrace and the garden, with panoramic views of the Bay of Villefranche, Cap Ferrat and beyond. On a clear day you can see Corsica, some 95 miles away! The villa is furnished for relaxation or work (if you must), with stereo, iPod with wide selection of music, SKY TV, French TV, wireless high-speed internet access, and a printer and fax machine. Lights are on dimmer switches, allowing you to set the mood. Bed linens are white, with down duvets for winter and cotton blankets and spreads for summer. All of the beds have two down and two foam pillows, along with thick white cotton towels in the bathrooms.
Although the villa is technically a 3-bedroom, 3-bath villa, it is really ideally suited for one couple, or a couple with a child or periodic guests. It is a perfect, romantic place for two, but can accommodate six comfortably. The third bedroom really functions better as an office than a bedroom – although it is comfortable as a bedroom, too.
L’Amoureuse is petite, intimate and very romantic, measuring 100 square meters (1,100 square feet) with the garden and terrace encompassing an additional 75 square meters (800 square feet). There is plenty of free parking on the street above and below the villa.
- Living/dining room with breathtaking views, sofa and stuffed chairs. Dining table seats 6. Art includes Buhara carpet from Turkey, hand-painted framed scarves from Arles, sconces from Morocco.
- Gourmet eat-in kitchen with granite and butcher-block countertops, top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances, dishwasher, café table with two chairs. Opens onto back terrace and herb garden.
- 1 master bedroom (queen bed) with air conditioning and en suite bathroom, night stands with reading lights, antique dresser and mirror, spacious built-in closets with mirrored doors reflecting the sea view. French doors open onto a very private part of the terrace. Spacious bathroom with tub/shower, vanity with storage, and a large window made of reflective glass, that opens onto the terrace so you can enjoy the view as you shower; you can see out but no one can see in.
- 1 queen bedroom with nightstands and reading lights, desk, armoire, bookcase and bench. Sea and garden views. French doors open onto the terrace.
- Bathroom with shower just across the hall from the second bedroom.
- 1 office or bedroom, air-conditioned and entered from the terrace. Built on two levels separated by one step. On the lower level: large desk with comfortable office chair, printer, fax, phone line and wireless DSL. Upper level: sofabed, bathroom with shower, closet and storage area. Sea view. French doors open onto terrace.
- Peach-colored stone terrace running the full length of the house, comfortably furnished with dining table and arm chairs for six, teak steamer chaise lounges, a sun umbrella, and a small gas grill.
- Laundry room with washing machine out the back door of the kitchen, in the garden
||BOOK EARLY: This property is very much in demand and tends to fill a year in advance!