La Colina is located in the most beautiful part of Punta Cana. The villa was designed for one of America’s most esteemed designers and her husband, a renowned antiques dealer. Fusing their love of Palladio and of southern houses, where the main living spaces are often on the “piano nobile” (second floor), their architect created a luminous and classically proportioned two-story home made of coquina and hand-troweled stucco. Every inch is truly glorious.
Stone columns lead to a lushly planted courtyard with a large fountain and a pair of graceful circular staircases leading up to two of the deep porches on the second floor, which flank the spacious living room (30’ x 50’). Tall windows with ocean views allow the almost constant Atlantic trade winds to flow through the room.
Hidden off to one side of the house is a Palladian style guesthouse and a heated pool with broad steps at each end, designed to be large enough to reflect the villa in its water. Surrounding both houses are exotic gardens connected by stone paths.
Although the décor is beautiful, the house is cozy — proof, as one of the owners said, that “comfort and chic can coexist.” And they do. Except to play golf or swim in the ocean, there is no reason to leave the property. You will be met at the airport and well taken care of by the superb staff of five, which includes an excellent majorduomo and cook. All meals, which are served in various locations around the house, and all drinks are included, allowing you to focus on total relaxation and fun. The majorduomo can drive you wherever you want to go in the villa’s SUV and 6-person golf cart.
Across from the house is a small sandy beach, and there are larger beaches nearby, as well as tennis courts.
- West porch, with sitting area and dining table (seats 10)
- East porch, with sitting area and 2 joinable dining tables (each seats 6)
- Powder room
- Kitchen and pantry
- Library with 50” flat screen TV; excellent selection of DVDs
- Office with computer with high-speed Internet access and fax
- Lavender bedroom with four-poster canopied king-size bed and bathroom with a tub and shower
- Yellow bedroom with Biedermeier twin sleigh beds and bathroom with tub and shower
Second (Main) Floor (accessed by interior and exterior staircases)
- East porch, with several sitting areas, table for 4 and a view across the garden to the ocean
- West porch, with dining table seating 10 and sitting area
- Large living room with two sitting areas with French doors and triple-hung windows on both sides
- Bar with a fridge and icemaker
- Powder room
- Master bedroom with canopied king-size bed, French doors opening to the porch, dressing room, large bathroom with tub and separate shower
- Loggia with sitting area
- Small kitchen with sink, fridge, icemaker, and 2 burners
- Powder room
- Green bedroom with canopied queen-size bed and bathroom with shower
- Pink bedroom with canopied queen-size bed and bathroom with shower
Studio Cottage (2nd floor accessed by a staircase with a covered archway)
- Large, airy room with beamed and pitched ceiling. At one end is a table, easel and painting supplies and at the other, a sitting area with two twin day beds. French doors open to a balcony with ocean view. Separate w/c with sink and separate tub. This charming room is best for teenagers or a nanny and child.
All bedrooms have air-conditioning, telephone, screened and louvered French doors and bathroom en suite; computer with high-speed Internet access; fax machine; satellite TV; DVD with over 400 movies; ceiling fans in every room; herb and vegetable garden for fresh produce; pool/beach towels and i-Pod sound docks.
Excellent and very nice staff of 5 indoors and gardeners. Pablo, the majordomo, speaks English fluently and has been with the owners since the house was built.
Prices on request; please inquire.